Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, Today, I'm going to be updating you on all the things that I'm currently doing in dance, as part of a mini dance diary entry. I hope you enjoy!🙂💜 As I've mentioned last Saturday, I'm now doing weekly street dance classes with a girl called Ivy, who joined my Easter and February half term street dance workshops that I hosted as part of my fundraising for Tanzania. We began the sessions on Tuesday this week at 4:30pm and it was a really fun hour-long session. I did a warm up and a cool down and I included some elements of technique in the class; we worked on our splits and general flexibility. Just some more in depth dance elements that I thought would really improve her performance. I also taught a new routine to the song Now or Later by Sage the Gemini. It was really challenging because it was really fast and quite technical but I think Ivy really enjoyed it nevertheless. I'm glad I get to work with her on her...
Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, For today's All about:_____ series post, I'll be talking about another one of my favourite dancers from the past, Dame Gillian Lynne! Although she died quite recently, I honestly think that through reading her autobiography, A Dancer in Wartime, Gillian is a very inspirational dancer and person. I wrote a whole review on The Book Hub of her book if you would like to find out more. It's really interesting! Born as Gillian Barbara Pyrke in Bromley, Kent, on the 20th February, 1926, Gillian was noticed at a very young age for her natural dance talent. After underperforming at school, Gillian's mother took her to the doctors to receive answers for her fidgeting and lack of focus during lessons. When her mother and the doctor left the room for the appointment, Gillian couldn't help dancing and moving to the music that filled the room from the radio. When the doctor consequently returned, there was only one simple s...
Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, This year, Christmas was great. On Christmas Eve, we were having some friends over so I made sausage rolls whilst my sister was decorating the Christmas cake with fondant icing. Everyone always says that my sausage rolls are the best. I think that's because I add sweet chilli sauce to my sausage mix, along with herbs and tomato puree. This really makes them taste a whole lot better. I managed to finish making the sausage rolls early so I then went over to the table to help my sister finish decorating the cake. We cut out stars, leaves, and Christmas trees using the different fondant cutters and we then dusted them with different coloured luster dust. My sister also dusted the whole cake with a chrome luster dust and the finish product looked amazing. After all this, we got ourselves ready as friends were coming around. My sister really went all out with the Christmas make-up and outfit but I just wore some leggings wi...
Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, A week ago on Sunday, it was announced that the lockdown in the UK would at least be somewhat lifted. I was quite happy about that because although I seemed to be surviving well just walking by the field that's behind our house, the effects of cabin fever seemed to be catching up on me as well. On Tuesday, me, my sister, and my mum actually took a proper walk around our village. Although I've been doing some walks in the fields, I haven't actually taken a casual stroll on the streets of my village in the 2 months of lockdown because my parents advised that it was best to stay clear of as many people as possible. So when I actually took the time to walk around my village, even that seemed to bring back some sense of freedom. It was still weird for me to walk past my school knowing that had all this not happened, I would probably be in the peak of exam season. For some odd reason, I'm still taking in how much has chan...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜