How did the dance show go?- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Overall, the school dance show that I was involved in, went a lot better than planed. I was worried throughout the week that I wasn't going to do a good job on some of the routines. The day before the show, I was told that I was doing a trio with these two girls in my year, one of which was also told last minute as well. This was because it turned out that the people doing the trio originally had another routine straight after it so they wouldn't have time to get changed. Consequently, me and this other girl in my year had to learn the routine at lunch on the day of the rehearsal. Luckily, it wasn't a difficult routine to learn and despite the fact I wasn't entirely confident in it, I managed to pull it off and everybody enjoyed the choreography.

We were also panicking about the commercial routine that we did with a guest choreographer that my dance teacher knows. We struggled with the timing of the routine because everyone was doing different things in the rehearsals. Our teacher was also really worried because we apparently did an excellent job at the routine in the rehearsals on Sunday but we messed it up completely when we did it on stage two days before the show. On the day of the show, no one told us backstage that the song for our routine was starting so whilst some of us were onstage, me and everyone else rushed onstage whilst everyone was in their starting positions. Other than that, we managed to somehow pull off the routine just by adding a bit of sass and pretending that we know everything.

We also did a contemporary routine where we have scarfs around our mouths to represent a lack of freedom. We did this routine in the school production, 1918, where we played the role of the suffragettes, I think I've talked about this before. We basically did the same concept. However on the day of the show, we were not given our scarfs so at the end of the routine when we had to pull our scarfs off our faces, we ended up pulling nothing off. I did think that I got the emotion in the routine though and I think what we did do, we did really well so I wasn't that disappointed.

We opened the show with our All That Jazz routine which in my opinion, was our best routine. We struggled with the timing at the end with our jazz slides but the rest of the routine was really clean and I think that this was the routine that I used my face the most. My mum said after the show that the one thing that I need to work on is my face but the one routine that I used my face the most was apparently the opening number. Due to the fact that the opening number was good, it really set everything else in place for the rest of the show.

What's your favourite style of dance? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

My short story- You guys choose the title-Writing Wednesday