What we should be cautious of when entering this climate emergency- Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently, as more and more people are becoming aware, the public have been standing up for change in the way in which we are handling this climate change crisis. It's always been a worry for a lot of people to ensure that we are being as environmentally friendly and kind to our planet as we possibly can be. However, in the last few years, as many scientists have been predicting that we may only have 10 years left to truly make a difference to our environment, people as young as youths have been passively revolting for change in the way their parliament deal with this issue. The famous Youth Strike for Climate Change, founded by 16 year old environmental activist Greta Thunberg, got children and teens all over the world  gathering together to give up a day of school to protest against the way things are currently done.

I personally really like this new initiative and I think that it's really refreshing to see people of all ages and backgrounds putting their thoughts and words into action. But, as we become desperate to change our society for a more sustainable future, we mustn't lose our minds on other key issues. 

Controversial leader of the British Labor party, Jeremy Corbyn, recently published a video saying how he wants to work with the people to make more of a difference within the British parliament. This video blew up all across the internet and many people have speculated whether he is doing this because he genuinely cares or whether he wants to gain more public support. This made me and others think, what have we all started this for? The reason why Theresa May, declared a climate emergency was because people were tired of politicians just writing laws on a piece of paper just to seem like they're doing something good and not actually putting those laws into action. Jeremy Corbyn and other politicians like him, could be taking advantage of this situation and not actually doing something that is beneficial for our future. This is why I personally think, that we should be cautious of when entering this climate emergency. We need to ensure that more politicians are taking action on issues to do with our climate rather than just doing it for self promotion.

Just a random thought I've been pondering upon recently. What do you think? What can any society do better to make a more positive impact upon their environment? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday