How did my first week of work experience go? - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

This week, I did a work experience placement at my old dance studio. It was a lot of fun. I got to choreograph a contemporary routine, a ballet routine, and I even taught a samba routine to the students. At first, I choreographed the contemporary routine to Sia's song Bird Set Free but when I arrived at the studio, they didn't have the song so I ended up doing it to Dangerous by David Guetta. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have probably seen the routine on my stories (I'll link it below). It worked beautifully and the students really enjoyed the routine and they wanted to add it to the show. I also taught a ballet routine to the song Rainbow from the movie Ballerina, to 4-5 year olds. A few of the found it difficult but the ones who were more advanced in ballet picked it up quickly and they all really enjoyed it in the end. On Wednesday, I taught samba to a group of 9-12 year olds during their tap class. They really enjoyed doing it since they don't do ballroom classes at the studio because the studio are not big enough. 

I really like my work experience placement because I have shorter hours than some of my peers that are taking on a 9-5 job. On Monday, I started at 3:45pm and I finished at 8:00pm. On Tuesday, I started at 9:45am and I finished in the morning at 11:00am. I came back in the afternoon to teach the contemporary/ballet routines. However, despite having the shorter hours than some other people, it's very full on because you're expected to be active and aware throughout the full hours that you're doing and if you're not, it really shows. I also had to deal with whining little children and brooding teenagers so I really had to use some communication skills in order to get all the students to do what they're supposed to do. 

On Monday, I also did yoga with some of the adults and I thought that it was just going to be a few flexibility stretches like I do with my grandmother, but it wasn't and I ended up aching at the end of it because it required a lot of strength in it which I didn't know yoga contained.

However overall, for my first week of work experience, I think I did pretty well. My teacher even said that she would take me on as a choreographer or a contemporary teacher, when one of my teachers from school, visited the studio. This was just what I wanted because I hope to be choreographer/dance teacher some day.

How's your work experience going? What was your favourite job that you've have in the past? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Instagram video:
Dangerous by David Guetta (Contemporary routine)

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

The cotton industry and its effects on our planet- Writing Wednesday