How did my full two weeks of work experience go? - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On Thursday, I finished my work experience at my old dance studio. I was given a bouquet of flowers by my dance teacher to mark the end of my placement. I was really happy with how it went overall. 

I took part in baby ballet lessons in the mornings of some days. It didn't involve anything particularly technical since they were only little but we got out a few teddy bears from the box and they jumped around and demonstrated what you needed to do with them by pointing their toes etc. We also used the bears as our pretend audience and the children really enjoyed it. I also taught some of them a routine to the song Rainbow from the movie Ballerina. They really enjoyed it, even though they found it a bit difficult. In the end, we performed it to the parents and they loved the routine.

I also got involved in accelerated ballet lessons with some of the more older students. They were practicing their own little routines that they rehearsed in pairs. I helped guide them and make improvements to what they were doing. I really liked this lesson because they weren't as lively as the younger ones and their technique was really good!😂 I also got involved in a private lesson in ballet and after doing some barre work, I taught this student a contemporary routine to Dangerous by David Guetta. She really enjoyed it and my dance teacher even said it was unique and original. I taught it to a few other people from other lessons and they really enjoyed it too. The lesson I found most difficult to follow however, was the adult ballet because we learnt really fast movement sequences at the barre and I found the quick changes quite difficult to follow but it was still fun anyway. 

I taught a routine to the street group too. They were a challenge to keep under control because the boys were always really hyper after school and all they wanted to do was breakdancing. However, I got them to do a warm up and some corner work. Then I taught them the routine to Work from Home by Fifth Harmony. They enjoyed it and they seemed to pick up the choreography really well.

I think that I've found a new found talent for choreography since my dance teacher really liked what I created and I really enjoyed coming up with new routines. My dance teacher even said that she's going to get me to choreograph a routine for her final show next year. 

What's your favourite thing about dance? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

The cotton industry and its effects on our planet- Writing Wednesday