How my dance exams went and what I'm doing in work experience next week - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Sunday, I had a dance exam for my ballroom and street routines. I did street first and ballroom second. For my street, I danced to 1999 by CharliXCX and Don't Call Me Up by Mabel. There were perhaps a couple sections that could have been neater but on the whole, I think that it went well. I think that I did well in ballroom too. I did forget, I think once, the lock step in the quick step but I didn't stop and I managed to complete the routine. I didn't forget anything in the jive and I think I performed the routines in both styles well on the whole. In comparison to last time, when I did samba instead of paso, I would say that it went a lot better this time!😂

Starting Monday, I'm also beginning my work experience at my old dance studio. It's great because in comparison to all my other friend's jobs, I only work for a short amount of time. On Monday, I start at 3:45pm and finish at 8:00pm so I get to have a lie in in the morning and I only work for 4 hours in the afternoon!😂 On Tuesday, I begin work at 9:15am and I work until 11:00am so I only work for 2 hours. I am currently in the process of coming up with a ballet routine for 5-6 year olds which I'll be teaching on Tuesday at 4:15pm so I'll need to go back to the studio for a little bit to teach them that. I'm doing it to the song Rainbow from the movie Ballerina. I'm also helping out with the tap routines and I have also asked to help out with the jazz and contemporary classes.

Have you done work experience before? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub  

Comments

  1. Good for you on your dance routines. I'm sure you did wonderful! Your job sounds like so much fun. I'll look forward to hearing how you do with the little ones. I love teaching 5 and 6 year olds. What a great age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it should be fun. 💙

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

The cotton industry and its effects on our planet- Writing Wednesday