The girl born without any arms or legs + an explanation - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently, I watched a YouTube video about a girl who was born without any arms or legs. She said that the woman who gave birth to her was worried that she would miscarry her so she took some medication to prevent that from happening and the doctors believe that's what caused her to be born without all 4 limbs. It's a rare condition that only affects a few people worldwide because most people are born without 1 or 2 limbs not all 4. I was therefore shocked to find out that despite this, she sews, puts on her own make up in the morning, she does public speaking, and she's an author. In order to sew, she uses a sewing machine and controls it with her mouth and shoulder. She also does her own eyeliner by resting it against her dressing table and shoulder and opening it using her mouth. She also lives with her loving family that adopted her when she was young and they support her with her new YouTube channel, where she shows everyone how she lives her life on a day-to-day basis. I'm overall just surprised that she's more independent than some people I know that do not have this condition. We often say that we cannot do things because it seems too difficult. Yet, when we've lost the ability to do something, that's when we realise how easy it was to do it before. We can learn something from this girl, and that is to appreciate what you have now and to never give up because you never know when it may all be taken away from you. Even, I can work on that myself.

Barcroft TV


I just wanted to highlight a small issue that was caused by my last post on Wednesday. Many people thought that I agreed with what Kaitlin Bennett said and that I'm for the second amendment. I just want to clarify that I'm not. My overall point in my last post, was that it's not always about what people think, but how they choose to conduct themselves in a debate. We live in a democracy and that means that we listen to what everybody has to say, regardless of their opinion. By what I saw, the way in which people at Pride etc were behaving, was appalling and wasn't exactly the way people should act towards a different opinion in terms of the democratic society we live in. I also tried to highlight the fact that we are judging America far too much because of what happened in the past like the Vietnam War. We should be focusing on how much it's improved since then in terms of peace treaties and extended inclusiveness towards minority groups because the black unemployment level is the lowest its ever been in America and we should also be thankful in some ways that Trump has tried to make peace with North Korea. However, instead of that, we're getting caught up in this on going culture war where we hate one country for being the way it is, without regarding the fact that they have a different culture and that cannot always be changed. Look at Cuba for example, it still remains Communist to this day because people found that it was too risky to change it to a capitalist system. That's just the way it is and that's just my overall opinion. You do not have to agree with it, I just felt like sharing it just in case people found it interesting.

How can people become more independent? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Amy B:
Amy B YouTube channel
Barcroft TV

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

The cotton industry and its effects on our planet- Writing Wednesday