What makes a good routine? - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

When I was choreographing the routines for work experience, I made sure that I was coming up with something that was original and something they've never really seen before. Too many times have I seen the same boring routines over and over again. You may have recalled me talking about the school show we did back in May. Whilst some of the contemporary routines that the year 11s devised at the time were great, many of them I felt, didn't push themselves and didn't create something new that would have probably got them higher marks. People always give the argument that they don't do something new because they want to focus on the technique. However, most people that have chosen dance at my school do not do it outside of school so that means the only time they learn technique is for 2 hours a week so it's probably not as strong as it could be. By coming up with something new, you can add a level of interest in your routine even though your technique isn't strong. That's why I wanted to perhaps do a routine in year eleven that involved different styles from different cultures. It depends on the group I'm in and what we have to base the routine on but I think it would be really great to do that if that's possible. If you were to ask someone what is typical of the contemporary style, they'd probably say flexed feet and boxed movements. However, when I taught my contemporary routine to the classes at work experience, I made sure I added pointed feet and clean lines merged with some new and interesting shapes. The students really liked the routine and so did my previous dance teacher so I'm probably going to try and implement that in my routine for my final year.




All photos are from Pixabay

What do you think makes a good routine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Photos:
Pixabay

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Being a model and role model are two separate things

The cotton industry and its effects on our planet- Writing Wednesday