July favourites - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I thought it would be a good idea to show you what I really liked over July, since I don't usually do that. Some of these things include books, items, and events that I enjoyed so there's a whole range of things that I liked over the past month. So without further a do, let's get on with the post.

  • I think the first thing that I've enjoyed over July is my work experience. I am so glad that I decided to take my placement at my old dance studio because I really did learn a lot about what it takes to run a studio and I have more of an insight into what I want to perhaps do in the future. I think that the students really enjoyed my choreography that I came up with and my teacher even said that it was fresh and new, which was what I was aiming for. I think that I'll perhaps do some freelance choreography for different studios before I think about running my own studio.
  • I also really enjoyed having the student from Holland, stay at our house for a week. My mum's friend's niece, was from Holland, and she came to stay at our house to improve her English. She was 17 years old, like my sister, and for the first couple days we basically stayed in the water because it was in the middle of the heat wave. Me, my sister and her went to the Lido in Cambridge which is an outdoor swimming pool and we had a lot of fun. On the second day, we went to Felixstowe beach and went swimming and had fish and chips. When we returned to Cambridge on that day, we felt a sudden wave of heat, when we stepped outside of our car. It was 38°C I believe and I think it broke a few records which was crazy and kind of scary. We also went to Cambridge Open Studios and saw that crazy but cool house that I talked about previously.
  • I've also been really loving the Studio London nail polishes in the dark pink and gold colour. I've been alternating the colours on my hand and I really liked the way it turned out. I also really enjoyed The Wrap Me Up winter nail polishes in the gold and the shimmery dark green colour. I found that these worked best on their own and I also really liked the way they looked on my nails too!
  • I also really liked the book All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot. I thought it was funny because there were a lot of misunderstandings that made James look bad even though he wasn't. However, I also found it sad because it the end, him and Siegfried had volunteered for the RAF since it was the 30s. He had to leave his pregnant wife and his career on the farms which I thought was really sad.  I'll talk more about this in my book review tomorrow on my second blog.
  • My mum has also been making a lot of croissants, pain au chocolats and a bunch of other pastries. Ever since she came back from Paris, after doing a cookery course on these, she's been practicing a tone in the kitchen. Some of them had failed and they were still delicious and some of the succeeded and they were still delicious too. So I guess you could say that I've enjoyed eating everything that she made! Haha. 😂







What are some of your July favourites? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study