Making ravioli with my mum and picking plums- Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On Friday, I made ravioli with my mum. Before that, we went on a really long walk around the village to try a pick up some plums to make jam. I thought that it was only going to be a short walk but as we went further and further along, my mum suggested going on a little further, down a lane that I haven't really been down before. It was quite nice and we saw some beautiful horses on the way. However, we were really catching up with the rain and we felt a few drops of water on the way home. We speed walked down the public pathway and I was beginning to wonder where these plums were. Turns out, the plum trees were in the field, right outside our house. I didn't quite understand why we went on that long walk if the plums were right next to our house but we got a good workout in! There weren't as many plums as there were last time my mum came to pick them because the farmer already picked most of them but we still managed to get a few and we got a few jars out of the fruit. Don't worry, we got permission to pick them. The farmer was quite happy, surprisingly, to allow us to pick the plums. 😂

My mum made the ravioli filling before we went on the walk. Once we came back, we worked on making the dough. We decided to use bread flour instead of normal flour because it's less elastic and it keeps its shape when you cut it. It also doesn't break as easily. For every 100g of flour you add one egg and we had 300g of flour, so we added 3 eggs. We mixed the dough on the table by making a well in the flour and cracking the eggs into the centre. However, we decided to use the machine when making the second batch of dough because it does take quite a lot of kneading and there wasn't enough dough. We filled the ravioli with a teaspoon of the meat filling that was reduced down and then we folded over the pastry and pressed down the sides. We then cut them out and pressed the sides down again, to prevent the filling from popping out. When we cooked them in boiled water, only one popped out, which is less than normal. However, it was really annoying because we were using a manual pasta machine to make the pasta dough thinner and that broke at the last minute, so we had to roll it out using a rolling pin and that didn't make it as thin as it was. However, the ending result of the pasta with the sauce was delicious and instead of scoffing it all down like usual, we savoured every moment. We thought that we didn't make enough pasta but it was all quite filling and there was even some left over!


Have you ever made homemade pasta? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book hub

Comments

  1. I have never made homemade pasta but have wanted to. Maybe someday I will try. Such a long walk for the plums. I have never made jam either. I'll bet it was good, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. My grandad came to visit and he was the one who went out picking the plums with my mum last time. When the jam was finished, he took nearly all the jars home and we were left with only a few! 😂Hope you mkae pasta in the future because it's honestly so much fun to make. ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Returning to Norfolk

Being a model and role model are two separate things