Things are getting better - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I recently went shopping to Tescos with my family, after going out for dinner and I was surprised to find a big billboard in the entrance way, which showed various photos of plastic pollution in our oceans. Admittedly, none of the plastic bags that you could see the fish and the turtles eating were Tesco branded but at least it showed that something is about to change and in some respects, Tesco want that change to happen. I also saw various plastic recycling bins where people can recycle plastic that the council cannot such as plastic film and laminated plastics. I don't quite know what makes their bins better than the council's but at least it shows that they're aware of the problem and are trying to take action to make our environment better. Also, Tesco has allowed refills for hand soap and I'm hoping shower gels and dish soap in the future since that's what we seem to be using most often. However, I acknowledge that they have to get the brands on board with this and the whole cycle of production has to change so it's not as simple as we may think it is. Similarly to Waitrose, Tesco is also beginning to sell fruits and vegetables loose without any plastic packaging. Whilst there are still far more plastic packaged items than loose, I could tell that the loose packaged items were selling out more than the packaged, which is a good sign. I know it's difficult to make what seem like simple changes because the whole cycle of production has to be on board but at least it's a big step in the right direction than it was before and hopefully, more shops can adopt the same principle.

What do you think of this new change? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study