What I need to improve on in dance - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On the way into town, me, my mum, and my sister were talking about my final piece in dance for year 11. I've got a couple songs that I think would be good to dance to for contemporary, since that's the style we'll be focusing on. The first song is called Faith's song by Amy Wadge and it's from the Welsh series called, Keeping Faith. I haven't watched the series before but my parents have and it's basically about a woman called Faith, who loses her husband, after he does not return home from work. There are a lot of plot twists and red herrings apparently and that's what makes the series so good. I was listening to the lyrics and I was trying to understand what they meant because it will help me pull off the emotion if I really feel the song. The second song I think would be good to dance to is Seven Years, by Lukas Graham. A lot of people have heard of this song and perhaps it's overplayed but listening to the lyrics, I think that my group has the capacity to make something really great and original with it. I think that it can also link closely to Faith's song because it can be about time passing and how to cope with loss and change, which is what both songs are about. However, if I want to pull off this final piece routine, I need to really use my face. I feel like, in my head, I'm really feeling the routine and song but outwardly, it doesn't show as much and that makes a difference. I remember last year, there was a really good dancer and she won an award at the end of the year for her duet performance that she did with one of the professionals.  I remember watching it during the rehearsals for the show. It was truly spectacular because she added so much emotion and every person who watched her performance, was moved by it because they understood the story. If I were to follow on the same path as her, I would need to do the same. That's what my mum and my sister said in the car. I'm a good dancer but I don't use my face to portray the story as much as I should and that's what I need to work on in order to make my performance better.

Vox Pictures


Lukas Graham


Have you got any other song recommendations for a contemporary routine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Songs:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study