Dance diary 2019 (no.1) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

We're beginning to plan out what we're doing in dance at school. Firstly, the end of year show is going to be based on A Chorus Line, the audition segment. We're hoping to do a jazz section, a street dance section, and a ballet section. We're currently beginning the jazz section with the whole class. We watched a clip from the film, A Chorus Line, and decided to work on a particular section. It was very quick and fast as it consisted of of many kicks, taps, and transitions of weight. However, it was only the beginning of the routine so we have to get used to many more fast sequences of movement in the future. Some of will also be selected to do the ballet section which is going to be a lot more technical than the others. If I get offered to do this, I will give it a go, as I think that it would be a good exercise of technique and it is also good to get in involved in something extra. I also hope to be involved in the street section of it too and I'm sure many other people will be as well because there are many amazing street dancers in my class. We're also currently doing a bit of research on this musical to enable us to understand what it is really about.


As well as this, we will be doing a dance competition at some point next year and I'm really excited for that. We will be entering as a school, on the hope that we may win something. We're also going to have the dancers from Manchester, come along to do a few sessions with us. If you don't know already me and my school went to Manchester, early this year, to dance alongside some of the students there at a school. It was tiring but also a lot of fun so this time, they're coming to see us. 

Next Thursday, we're also going to have a contemporary workshop, with a professional dancer who is going to come in and teach us. We're doing a contemporary piece for the end of year show called Rossazz, as well as A Chorus Line, which involves chairs and a lot of people. That is why we're doing the workshop, to broaden our horizons. 


What's your favourite style of dance? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow or subscribe, so you do not miss any of my latest posts!

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub


Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Cambridge Youth Dance Company Taster Session - Dance Saturday

Week 1 update - My Portugal Holiday

Oti and Kelvin's epic Samba and Will and Janette's insane quickstep on week 1- Dance Saturday

Blogmas day 4- decorating the Christmas tree-what a nightmare!⛄🌲