Saffron and AJ's amazing Paso doble and Catherine and Johannes's beautiful Rumba - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I think that with this week, I saw a lot of improvement amongst the dancers and they really tried to take on board some of the corrections, that the judge's gave to them last time.

One of the biggest improvements that I saw this week, was Saffron Barker. Her Paso doble wasn't perfect but she really tried to drive through the technical corrections she was given last time and she never lost the intensity of the piece. I think that the Hunger Games theme and the song really suited this style. She tried to include some more staccato movements, as the Paso doble includes that but I think she needs to improve upon her core strength, as she had quite a few wobbly moments. When she did the big strides forward, she sometimes was a bit shaky. She also needs to improve on her flexibility as she didn't extend as far as she could on her grand battement. However, when she leaned back in AJ's arms and he spun her around, she was really strong in that. In every dance she always gives it her all and it really shows.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing



I really enjoyed Catherine and Johannes's Rumba. I thought it was sensual and emotional and it had a lot of hip movement and fluidity. For week 3, I thought it was a week 7 dance. I think that the theme, A Star Is Born, really suited this dance and the song was really pretty and coupled the routine perfectly. Catherine was really confident and she worked brilliantly alongside Johannes. I think she could improve more on the figure eight movement in her hips. Whilst she did move her hips a lot throughout the dance, she moved them more side to side than in a figure eight movement. However, she maintained great extension through her legs and pointed her feet during her lifts. She also had great connection with her partner and I think that was what really moved the judges.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


As in every other week, we will be saying goodbye to the couple voted out. Kevin and Anneka, you will be missed!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Which do you prefer, ballroom or Latin dance? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly playlist:

BBC Strictly Come Dancing:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Finding something new to study

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday