His Dark Materials review - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Recently, I've been watching the new BBC series called, His Dark Materials. I believe that this was originally a book by Phillip Pullman, which was eventually made into this new series. Ever since the end of the amazing series, Merlin, me and my family have been desperately trying to find another period piece that would match up to it. Firstly it was Atlantis but that didn't go the way the producers wanted it to go so there was this long period where there wasn't really a good series to watch. However recently, there has been the Welsh series, Keeping Faith, that has been really popular, and now His Dark Materials. Let me tell you, it is so good. At first, you think that the plot is a bit weird because it's set in the past but there's sort of elements of fantasy involved. Then, as you go through the story, the plot builds and you get more involved in each character's story. Each character has this sort of spirit that is always with them which is called a daemon and it is in the form of any animal and it changes until you come of age. When you come of age and you've matured, your spirit settles as one animal. On a celebration of the coming of age, a teenage boys brother, Billie Costa, goes missing. A boy named Roger, whose friends with the main character, Lyra, also goes missing and is taken away by these people known as the Gobblers. The whole scene is basically set off of that and there's much more involved as Lyra's uncle, found a city of dust in the sky, as he investigated the relationship between light and dust on his travels to the North. The plot is amazing and you can tell that the producers really took their time on everything, even the special effects. It's really one to watch, even if you haven't read the book like I have.


HBO




If you could have your own spirit, what animal would it be? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction buttons below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

HBO Channel:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm hoping to talk about in my English speaking exam- Writing Wednesday

Charlotte Brontë- The power of writing

The IB dance mock exam - Dance Saturday

The difference between the conscious and the subconscious - Writing Wednesday