Improvements for Karim and Amy's Viennese waltz, Alex and Neil's jive, and Emma and Anton's jazz routine - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I'm going to be talking about Karim and Amy's Viennese waltz, Alex and Neil's jive, and Emma and Anton's jazz routine. I know that Karim's dance didn't go as planned because Karim was a bit nervous last Saturday but there are definite areas where he can improve and hopefully do better next time. I'm also going to talk about Alex and Neil's jive as I feel as though Alex is really improving as a dancer and we can see her personality shine through in more and more of her dances. Lastly, I'm also going to talk about Emma and Anton's amazing jazz routine, as I thought that it was really her style of dance. 

Last Saturday, I thought that Karim had a breakdown. I think that everyone in the audience knew that he could dance better than he did. However, it's like Motsi said, he's got to stop letting the pressure get to him. I feel like the Viennese waltz has been the most difficult dance to execute so far in this series because people don't know how to do the steps without adding so much of the rise and fall that you would see in the normal waltz and that's where I think he went a bit wrong. He also just seemed a bit uncomfortable in his posture and he made a few mistakes on the footwork. However, he executed his double pirouette really well at the start and he had excellent emotional connection with his partner and even though it wasn't his best dance this week, he is still amazing to watch. 


BBC Strictly Come Dancing


I really enjoyed watching Alex and Neil's jive. It was fun and it had a lot of personality. She and Neil also really gelled as a partnership and you could see the interaction and their chemistry shining through. She included a lot of flick ball changes and side to side swivels and excellent partner work. She could have had more retraction in her foot and pointed her toes more on the flicks just to make her performance that bit better. However, she has really come to her own, since week 1. She's far more confident in her performance and that improves her overall dancing. She has more rhythm and she is enjoyable to watch as well.


BBC Strictly Come Dancing


I really enjoyed Emma and Anton's performance. You could clearly tell that jazz was really Emma's dance. It was smooth and it was sleek and she had excellent facial expressions. Emma really honed in on her acting skills and it showed throughout her performance. She had excellent accents that she executed clearly, which is really difficult to do for someone whose only just learnt this style of choreography in a week. She could have been a bit more in unison with Anton but as Bruno said, it takes a long time to master the jazz style and those kind of neat gestures. However, the hat choreography was excellent and smooth and she really had a classy rhythm throughout the piece which made her movements look pleasing to the eye. 


BBC Strictly Come Dancing


As we always do, we have to say goodbye to the couple voted out of Strictly Come Dancing this week. Mike and Katya, you will be missed!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Are you excited for Blackpool? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post! It would really allow me to make some improvements.

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and be sure to share this with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly playlist:

BBC Strictly Come Dancing:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday