Karim and Kelvin's scores of 39. How can they make it to 40? - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Last Saturday was Blackpool, where all the celebrity dancers went to perform at one of the most iconic places for ballroom dance. There were a lot of amazing dances and you could tell that everyone really tried to raise the bar. However, there were two dancers that went above and beyond and both had a score of 39. Many thought that this would be Craig's first ten given out this series but he gave these dancers both a 9! Today, I'm going to be talking about Karim and Amy's Charleston and Kelvin and Oti's jive and how they can improve further to get Craig's ten that they both deserve.

When Kelvin announced that he was doing a jive for Blackpool, I wasn't entirely certain if he would have been able to have pulled it off because you have to be so light on your feet and he's quite a muscular guy. However, the jive that I saw last Saturday, was amazing! It was proper old school and it very much embraced the style of Elvis Presley. I think that Jailhouse Rock was a good song choice for this particular dance. His jump press-ups were flawless and his flicks were clean and tight. The rolling action that came from his knees on the flicks was amazing and he had excellent musicality. I think that the small thing that Craig wanted him to clean up slightly were his rocks as he was stepping out quite far but his technique is amazing and he has excellent performance.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Karim had a little slip up on his Viennese Waltz before Blackpool and I know that he was really disappointed about it but he definitely redeemed himself with his Charleston. I knew that he was quite a quirky dancer but he definitely took the quirkiness to another level with this dance. It had plenty of swivels and leg scoops and rolling arms. I also really liked the fan kick that he did because it was so straight and he had great flexibility. His lifts with Amy were also really neat and quirky too and he fit in excellently with all the other professional dancers around him. I think that Craig wanted him to improve a little bit more on the tightness of his swivels and hand gestures but his dance was worth a ten to me. 

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


As we do in every week, we have to say goodbye to the couple voted out. Michelle and Giovanni, you were amazing and you will be missed!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Who's your favourite dancer? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I love hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this with a friend who might enjoy this article too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly playlist:
BBC Strictly Come Dancing 2019 reviews playlist

Strictly channel:
BBC Strictly Come Dancing 

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

  1. Ahhh Strictly...How I miss thee. Great bit of dancing... and lovely to see Bruno. But is it the same without Len?
    Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley has surprisingly done a great job in replacing the legendary entertainer! So glad you enjoy Strictly too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday