A decade in my life + my new year's resolutions for 2020 - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 9)

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I think that the so called 2010s have been an evolutionary set of years. Personally for me, since I'm only 15 years old and going into the year 2020, there's a lot to say about this past decade because I learnt how to read, write, and generally deal with life. Going from a 6 year old in 2010 to a 15 year old in 2019, obviously I have gone from a child to a teenager and have grown drastically, I hope, in in intelligence, personality, and wisdom. However, there's a lot more to be acknowledged about myself because at the age of 7 years old in 2011, I first started doing dance properly. I did commercial street and I have really, I believe, excelled in it as of thus far and it has actually become one of my favourite styles of dance that I still continue to do and enjoy. However, I've also grown in confidence ever since I published my first article on this blog at the age of 12 years old. It was only a What I Eat In A Day blog post from my short stay in Norfolk, but ever since I wrote that, I realised that there was a whole lot more that I needed to say about the world we currently live in and I began to post things that I believed made people think, which became my ultimate goal for this blog. As well as this, I am so happy and proud of the community that I was able to build on Instagram. I have since amassed from the age of 13, 1.5k followers of people who I genuinely believe actually like what I do. This is not exactly what I'd call a professional platform because life isn't exactly an unmarked mirror, but it has become a place where I can connect with people in my niche and really show off what I enjoy doing. I'm also proud of my academic achievements. Even if the results I got in my mock exams weren't necessarily what I expected, I'm still proud of how far I've come in maths, physics, and English especially because I've really improved since the beginning of secondary school.

As for my new years resolutions, there's a lot that I want to achieve in the next year. Most importantly, I want to continue on with this confidence that I had throughout the majority of 2019. It did dip a bit during the mock exams as I let the stress get the better of me. However, I'm really determined to keep the confidence going in the next year, not just for my exams but for my own self esteem. There are also more personal goal related things that I want to achieve in the next year. Even though I'm still not 100% sure of where I want to go, I do hope to get into sixth form, with GCSE results that I'm hopefully proud of. I also hope to audition for the Cambridge Youth Dance Company in September. It's a contemporary dance company in the area that works with 14-18 year olds. I hopefully want to improve my technique and dance skill by attending this company. I also hope to do more general dance and performing arts related auditions. However, at the start of the year, I hope to enter the dance competition with the school. I've also been invited to attend a taster session with the Tiffany Theatre Company in Leigh-on-sea. I don't think I'll be attending their school because it's a little too far away for me and I don't just want to do dance in the future, but I think it will be great to go just as a workshop day. I also want to start a Facebook page to promote my blog and all the other things that I enjoy doing. Maybe I'll also start a TikTok account with my sister so that I can show more of my dance routines. 

However, most importantly I want to be HAPPY!💜😂


2019 photo collages




What are your new years resolutions? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study