How I celebrated Christmas + what I got for Christmas

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

This year, Christmas was great. On Christmas Eve, we were having some friends over so I made sausage rolls whilst my sister was decorating the Christmas cake with fondant icing. Everyone always says that my sausage rolls are the best. I think that's because I add sweet chilli sauce to my sausage mix, along with herbs and tomato puree. This really makes them taste a whole lot better.

I managed to finish making the sausage rolls early so I then went over to the table to help my sister finish decorating the cake. We cut out stars, leaves, and Christmas trees using the different fondant cutters and we then dusted them with different coloured luster dust. My sister also dusted the whole cake with a chrome luster dust and the finish product looked amazing.



After all this, we got ourselves ready as friends were coming around. My sister really went all out with the Christmas make-up and outfit but I just wore some leggings with my favourite Christmas jumper that says "Joyeux Narwhal" with a picture of a narwhal on it. 

It was a great evening by which we just spent the whole 4 hours talking and reminiscing on the past. The tooth fairy story, which I've already talked about on this blog, came out as well as the story about how me and my sister worked out that Santa wasn't real!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ

After enjoying a nice meal and a great conversation, the evening was over and I was ready to go to bed!

On Christmas day, I woke up at 8:50am to open my presents. As usual, my parents told me and my sister that we couldn't open the presents until they were there with us. It doesn't affect us as much now, but when we were younger, we wanted them to hurry up. So once my dad got a cup of tea, me and my sister got a cup of tea, and my mum got a cup of coffee, we were actually ready to open the presents.



I got quite a few bits and bobs. I got yet another cactus to go with my other two. I named this cactus Monster because that's literally what it is. It has spikes going out in all directions and its a lot bigger than my other cacti. I think of it like a pug as it's so ugly it's beautiful. 



My favourite gift was from my dad and it was a personalised dance bag with my name written on it. There was a big fiasco around this time last year with me constantly losing my dance stuff. At my studio the changing room is really small so everyone throws everyone else's stuff around to make way for theirs. This is how the majority of my stuff got lost and never found. Up until this point I was using an old duffel bag to put all my stuff in but now I can use this bag which is actually made for dancers. 

As well as this, I also got Anton's Truly, Madly, Strictly DVD and the Black Swan DVD from my parents. I heard that the Black Swan is quite a harsh film as it's all about the competitive ballerina's life but I'm excited to watch both DVD's.



Like I had asked before, my dad did get me and my sister a lovely Christmas hamper with lots of chocolate and other stuff in it. I shall not be eating all of that at once as I had a stomach bug last Sunday and was very ill. However, I shall savour it.



As for my parents, they always say to each other that they don't want anything for Christmas. It was obviously hilarious when my mum put two whiskey glasses and yet another whiskey bottle in my room for me to wrap up, when I got back from school one day. My mum also got a lot of candle holders and even though she was annoyed at first because she said that she didn't want anything, she now loves them!

As for the rest of Christmas day, the Christmas dinner was great. Apart from the fact that my mum initially tricked us saying that she forgot to buy the Christmas crackers and that she was such a bad mum because of it. I was quite relieved when I saw the Christmas crackers on the table. We were able to crack them open and read the usual rubbish jokes, after a delicious Christmas dinner. We had cockerel instead of turkey since it's a lot tastier and a lot less dry. My mum also made me and my sister a mocktail with juice and she added raspberries to it. It was amazing!



After dinner, we just watched the Queen's Speech because we were bored and me, my mum, and my sister also watched Gareth Malone's Christmas Concert documentary where he enlisted volunteer singers at Watford General Hospital. It was quite an emotional documentary because Gareth met a really sweet young girl called Betsy, who had surgery to reduce the size of her brain tumour. It was inspiring to see how grown up she was acting about the whole process, being probably only 6 years old. It was also inspiring to see the shear number of people who actually chose to help in the concert. There was a family singing with their son who, although is healthy now, was born prematurely in the hospital. His dad wrote a poem about his experience, which went on one of the walls in the hospital and Gareth spotted it and decided to ring him up to see if he wanted to be in a performance. As well as this family, there were also two nurses working there. One worked there because he was once very suicidal and had to be taken to emergency care as a teenager. Another nurse was doing the dangerous job of anaesthetizing her patients so she wasn't able to do all the rehearsals up until the performance. Overall the documentary was very moving and taught us a lot about the reality of Christmas for many people. Would definitely recommend watching it as well as the other documentary that Gareth is doing where he is forming a choir out of prisoners. Should be interesting to watch! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ

As well as this, I also watched the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special. I'm glad that Debbie McGee won this time because her technique has always been amazing from the get go when she was on the real show. I also think Joe and Dianne did great with their street commercial. I liked the video they added in of Joe as a young boy, opening a Star Wars Christmas present. It was so funny!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚


BBC Strictly Come Dancing






Whilst watching this, my mum poured the brandy on the Christmas pudding and set it a light. However, I ended up eating the lovely Bรปche de Noรซl or a Yule log as you would normally know it, since I'm not a big fan of all the mixed fruit in a Christmas pudding. The cake was delicious though!



To finish off a spectacular evening, I also watched Michael McIntyre's Big Show the Christmas special as well. Michael is honestly so funny and I thought it was great that he surprised that mother who hadn't seen her son for 8 years and has never seen her grandchildren, since they've been living in New Zealand. He did it a bit like on the Ellen Show where the mother and daughter thought they were Skyping their family in New Zealand, when it turned out they were actually behind the curtain in a made up set.

I also really liked the Midnight Game Show with Craig Revel Horwood from Strictly Come Dancing. It was so funny. You have to watch it if you haven't already! 


Michael Mcintyre's Big Show





How did you celebrate Christmas? What gifts did you receive? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and be sure to share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video links:
BBC Strictly Come Dancing
Michael Mcintyre's Big Show
BBC Strictly Come Dancing 2019 reviews playlist

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube Channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Finding something new to study

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday