Preparing for my dance exams + Strictly reviews - Blogmas day 3

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

On the day that you'll be reading this, I'll be doing my dance exams. If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll know that I take part in dance exams at my studio, at least twice every year. We usually have one dance exam in June and another dance exam in December. On Sunday, when you'll be reading this, I'm performing my ballroom and Latin routines, as well as my commercial street routines. In ballroom and Latin, I'm doing the tango and jive and in commercial, I'm doing a dance to Senorita and Finesse. I don't usually get that nervous about these exams and I'm feeling pretty confident about my routines but I guess you'll never really know the outcome until it happens. At least I'll be performing my favourite dances in ballroom and Latin, which are the tango and jive. I feel like I'm improving at my more technical styles of dance and I do actually enjoy performing the tango. It's a lot more serious than the more upbeat jive but it definitely looks cool. I'm not the biggest fan of the songs in commercial but I like the fact that the dances are more hip hop based this time, instead of the break dancing routines, we did in the summer. 


Pixabay


Other than that, there's not much else to inform you on apart from that amazing jive that Karim and Amy performed on Strictly, last week. He is honestly one of my first choices as winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2019. He had excellent musicality but he also had great technique, when he added more balletic steps into his performance, like the fouettés he performed in second. I really enjoyed his performance on Saturday and he definitely deserved the first score of 40.


BBC Strictly Come Dancing



However, I also felt a little disappointed for Alex and Neil because they were so close to reaching the semi-finals but It didn't end up being the case. It was a difficult decision to make anyway because whilst Chris and Karen's routine wasn't entirely accurate, It did have more technical content than Alex and Neil's routine and more of the dance was performed in hold so I guess that's what made Chris and Karen's performance have more of that edge. However, they both did well and it was a difficult decision to make.


BBC Strictly Come Dancing



What was your favourite performance in musicals week on Saturday? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them I ♡ hearing from you!

P.S I'm getting my tree before my dance exams in the afternoon so I will be posting about the whole day soon!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and be sure to share this with a friend who might enjoy this article too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Pxabay:
ArtTower

BBC Strictly Come Dancing 2019 reviews:
Strictly playlist

BBC Strictly Come Dancing:
Strictly channel

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Finding something new to study

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday