My favourite dance film, Swing Time - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I wouldn't say I watch old fashioned, black and white films all the time but there are certain classics that you just have to see at least once in your life. I think we've all probably watched Charlie Chaplin and maybe even perhaps Gone With The Wind but the one dance film I was really surprised about when I saw it, was Swing Time. This was the 1936 romance musical that starred the famous duo, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. The story is all about a dancer who travels to New York City to prove himself to his fiance and ends up falling in love with his dance partner. The famous scene in this film is when Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire dance the famous tap sequence to Start All Over Again. All the dances in this film are amazing and really have that jazzy, razzmatazz feel to them but everyone remembers this particular song because it's so iconic to the era. The great thing about classics is that they never get old. I remember listening to many of the songs from this film when I was younger and I still really enjoyed them. This is one of the main reasons why many dancers continue to dance in the style of the 20s and 30s Broadway jazz because it's just a classic that is pinnacle to the rest of the dance styles that came later. What I also like about this film is that there's a lot of humour involved in it as well. It's almost like an old fashioned version of a romantic comedy as there's a lot of misunderstandings and unintentional deceit that really make this film entertaining. If you have not seen Swing Time, I recommend watching it as one of your Sunday afternoon films because it's something everyone should see. 



Do you prefer old or modern films? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study