GCSEs + the Coronavirus - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 16) - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I'm certain you've heard about the Coronavirus pandemic all over the media and the news so I'm sure you all already know what it is. When I first heard about it, however, I didn't really know much about the virus or how quickly it would spread. I now know that it originated in China because people there live in close proximity with their animals and their low levels of hygiene caused the virus to mutate and evolve to become a potential danger to humans. I thought that the virus spread because people travelled and whilst that may have been how it started, many people seem to be just randomly getting the virus. This includes a couple people in my area, Cambridgeshire. It's not the worst a pandemic could get because despite how contagious it seems to be, the death rate on the grand scheme of things is pretty low and it only seems to affect the elderly or people with underlying health issues like where their immune system is compensated. However, the number of confirmed and potential cases is forever increasing and that means there's a massive threat on the schools potentially shutting down. I've had to ensure, during form, that I could use all the online resources because just in case there was to be a school closure, that's how I would access my assignments. I'm in year 11, which means that I'll be taking my GCSEs this year, if all goes according to plan so really our year is priority for my school and many others. My parents seem pretty confident that even if I'm off school, I'll be able to manage fine because I've done revision and exam preparation before hand. However, there's still no doubt a small seed of uncertainty in my mind because this event is very much unprecedented. I've also got my dance routine to sort out with my group at school. The dance show has been postponed due to the outbreak but I'll still need to show my choreography because it is an examination. There's a lot of uncertainty also about how this will happen but still, I'm remaining optimistic about the situation. As you read this, my great grandmother in Japan will be turning 100, which is a milestone that my whole family has been waiting for. My grandad in Réunion, seems to be doing fine also, despite having his radio therapy for his cancer. My sister, despite being asthmatic, is doing fine so really there's not much to worry about. I'm still attending dance class after school because my school has not yet received a letter from the government to close down. Although I'm sure the closure will come soon, I'm still enjoying going to that after school. I'll do all I can to help everyone in my family and community, since I'm low risk, that's what I should do. Co-operation and optimism is key!


Medlife Crisis



What are your feelings on the Corona Virus? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel link:
Medlife Crisis

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study