Going to a Japanese restaurant + celebrating my mum's birthday - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

The 1st of March is my mum's birthday and this year, we began the celebrations a day early because my dad reserved a table at this Japanese restaurant on Saturday as it was not open on Sundays. Consequently, we all got ready to go out for a nice Saturday night meal on the 29th of February. I think both my mum and my sister's expectations were high because we went to the Ivy last year and that was fancy, so they were both getting ready an hour before hand because they didn't know what this place was going to be like as we've never been there before. In comparison, I got ready about 15 minutes before hand because whenever we go out, I try to be bothered to make the effort but it doesn't turn out that way. Last year that kind of mattered because we went to the Ivy and I wore fuzzy socks in my boots because it was cold and my appearance was probably shocking to many people. However this time, the restaurant was a cosy, quaint environment where no one was really dressed up that much. If you're wondering, my mum and my sister did look kind of over the top but it didn't matter because we still had a great time. Last year, for my sister's 17th birthday, we went to another fancy restaurant that served Japanese food. We were all amazed by the décor but it turned out that that was really all we were paying for. The sushi was nice but there really wasn't much of it so we ended up going home to eat more food.😂This time however, you could order as much food as you wanted and it was delicious. We started with octopus balls and miso soup. Then we had a massive platter of sushi and we finished with tempura and tuna sushimi. It was all amazing. Yes, it wasn't quite the Ivy or the fancy other Japanese restaurant we went to last time, but it was nice and the food was great and plentiful so we all left happy.







As for what actually happened on Sunday, we opened all my mum's presents in the morning. Firstly, we opened the cards. My card was a Frozen special. It was made for 4 year olds but I etched in a 9 afterwards because we've got to be inclusive to everyone, right? It also had a cool game in the card, where you had to find Olaf's name among some scribbles. That was actually surprisingly challenging to find. My mum got some really nice presents alongside this. She got an orchid, some more cacti to go in the house, and some wine and candles. I listened to my mum when we went to Homebase last week and she started talking about all the plants she wanted. My grandmother also spent time making a clay picture of all my mum's cakes, with Gourmandises labelled at the top. We've put it up because we genuinely appreciate the hard work and thought she put into that but let's just leave it at that. I had croissants and a pain au chocolat for breakfast, thanks to my dad, and a pretty nice roast dinner after my dance rehearsals. Other than that, it was pretty chill for the rest of the day and we had a great weekend.



What's your favourite birthday celebration? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study