Saying goodbye to BTEC dance - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 17) - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I began this week, thinking that we were still going to have school for a couple weeks. It ended with me finding out that because of the Coronavirus, our exams would have to be cancelled and we wouldn't have proper school for a good six months. I'll be honest, I knew that maybe the schools would be shut down but I didn't realise that the government would go to the extent of cancelling the exams but it makes sense, since it means that everyone is social distancing. However, this means that I've finished dance completely at school. We were supposed to come up with our final group piece for the dance show, to complete our external component but that can no longer happen because of the situation. There have been a lot of issues in my group for getting everything done so when I heard the news, I guess I was kind of relieved that we wouldn't have to do it. That does put a massive question mark on how we'll be graded for dance but we've done two components before this one, which consisted of a lot of coursework so I guess that's what they'll mainly base everything on. On Thursday's lesson, which was our last lesson, we did a bit of filming for All That Jazz. We'd performed this routine in the year 10 show last year but we hadn't filmed much of our rehearsals to send off to the examiner so that's what we did on Thursday. I tried to really go all out this time because I wanted to show what I could do to the examiner. It was a successful filming session and we actually all looked better than we did in the show. However, it was a bittersweet moment because as soon as it was over, my dance teacher started crying. I think that despite our ups and downs, my dance teacher really liked our class because we'd always tried to work as hard as we could. She had a sore throat so she couldn't really speak much but she did talk about how she was going to buy us all presents for our last lesson and she didn't get round to doing it on time. It was totally fine though because I was so thankful for all the things she'd done for our class. I was so grateful to have a dance teacher who had so much experience in the "showbiz" industry, as she would say, and I was amazed that she took the time to take me to Tiffany Theatre College in January. I'm not upset though because I know that our paths will probably meet again and she said that she'll love to have us do a few workshops with the younger years. I shall look forward to it!💜


How are you dealing with the Coronavirus? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study