Building a tent and watching films - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

It was the beginning of the Easter holidays and regardless of whether or not we were in quarantine, I was ready to relax a little bit. So me and my sister Alice, decided to watch a movie outside. However, we couldn't really see the screen very well so my dad proposed that we build a tent so that we could watch the movie. The last time I built a tent, we were on a camping holiday and I'm pretty sure that I had to ask my dad for help. That camping holiday always seems to bring fond memories because the first campsite we booked was right next to a road and it was really rubbish. However, we managed to find a second campsite by this big farmhouse and a field and it was brilliant. We ate porridge and bacon sandwiches by the fire and although it was simple, it was a holiday to remember. Now it was time for us to build the tent again and we surprisingly succeeded. Aside from the fact that I read step 3 on the instructions first and that it almost took us an hour to build, we managed to do it all ourselves. The inside of the tent was surprisingly not full of bugs, despite how warm it was that day, so we managed to watch our film in peace. We initially watched To All The Boys I've Loved Before but I wanted to watch something different so we then watched Studio Ghibli's Arietty. I've talked about this film in my Studio Ghibli post but if you haven't seen it before, it's basically the animé version of the Borrowers and it's really good. 


On Saturday evening, I watched a film with my mum and Alice. It was called Sliding Doors and it had Gwyneth Paltrow in it. There was a reason why my dad was not watching the film with us because it was quite a girly film. It's a romantic comedy about a woman who loses her job and the story follows by showing the two parallels of her life after that happened. In one part of her life, her current relationship is destroyed and she meets someone new and in another part of her life, she maintains her current relationship. This film is kind of like when we watched the Prince and Me with my grandad in Croatia because that was the only good film on the TV. It was really awkward because it was a really girly film so we ended up not watching it at all.😂 However this film was actually pretty good and quite funny so I would really recommend watching it.

Overall, I had a great Saturday, and I was glad that I could relax a little after a bit of homeschooling.

Are you good at building tents? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Durham - Lifestyle Monday

Good things to gift to dancers for birthdays - Dance Saturday

The exams are over...So the gap year begins...What will come of the future?

Is The Greatest Showman all that it seems to be?-Writing Wednesday