Things I now appreciate more - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I think that there's a lot of things that people appreciate more because of quarantine. One of the things that I've noticed more people are doing is going on walks. Behind my house there's a small wooded area and a public footpath, which used to be empty when me and my family went on walks about a few months ago. Now people walk down the path all the time and are trying to avoid each other. I've also noticed that people are in the kitchen more and parents are baking more with their children to desperately keep them occupied. That was probably one of the reasons why my mum couldn't find flour at Tesco or Booker, the wholesaler where you can buy things in bulk. I did find it a bit bizarre that nothing was in Booker because it is only for businesses but maybe flour is just in demand. I think that people appreciate reading as well because it provides escapism from the current situation. I've finished reading Michelle Obama's book and I'm now trying to finish If This Is A Woman, that I got from Berlin. It's a collection of different stories from Ravensbrück, which was the women's concentration camp and its really interesting to read about. People say that we've lost out on a lot because of COVID-19 and in some respects I can agree. I'm not going to be doing my exams and it seems like the big end of year prom is cancelled. I probably won't have a proper results day and overall I feel like year 11 has lost out on a lot this year. However, stressful and difficult events like this, forces us to come up with solutions to our problems. All the things that we are all doing more of now - walking, baking, and reading - is because we're trying to come up with ways to keep ourselves occupied. That really shows a sign of strength because people are not letting the situation get the better of them. I'm sure that when things calm down a bit, people will learn to appreciate the little things more and that can only a benefit. 



What do you appreciate more now we're in quarantine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday