How time has passed! - 1 Year To Get To College (Post 19) - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I feel like I'm saying this a lot at the moment but recently (for the first time in a long while) I went on a walk with one of my friends. I found it really nice because for once there was someone different that I could talk to in person. It was thundering and tipping it down and I was wearing some shorts and a hoodie (probably the worst outfit choice ever but oh well😂). However, if I was going on a walk, I would have rather it be then instead of another month later. We kept ourselves distanced from each other but we talked about the lost time.

It's coming to be around 4 months since the schools shut down and what a strange old time it's been since then. I was, like many people, completely unprepared for the sudden Covid-19 situation. On the same evening that it was announced that the exams were cancelled, I was trying to be a naively diligent year 11 student and I went to an English revision session after school. I perhaps should have foreseen the inevitable because my sister had practically finished school then when her sixth form shut down. However, I went to the revision session just incase there was some hopeful chance that my exams were still going to happen but sadly, it wasn't meant to be.

I am now somewhat relieved that the exams are over. It meant that I wouldn't have to perform my choreographed group dance that wasn't going to plan and my friend wouldn't have to perform her drama piece that was apparently also, not going to plan. It meant as well that the stress of revision and doing well would be null and void. But I did cry anyway, when I sat in front of the television and heard that my almost 2 years of hard graft was amounting to nothing. The teachers still wanted us to work and got us prepared for homeschooling incase the government changed their minds but me and my friend knew that the exams were not going to happen.

Consequently, the last day of secondary school went like a blur to many people. I was sitting at my desk whilst my friends were signing my t-shirt and farewell music was playing in the background. Everyone was in one science classroom having fun and we said goodbye to our teachers. Our head of year had also created a fun montage of our embarrassing old school photos and it was a nice yet surreal way to end the year. Many of my friends were crying when we had to say goodbye but we had a great 5 years together so it was fine.

This pandemic, however annoying, was nothing bad on me really. One of the main things I learnt to do was to teach myself. With homeschooling I became the teacher and I had to learn how to organise my assignments and work things out for myself. That could only be useful for me when I go into sixth form and I have to do more independent studying. I also did some baking and cooking. I baked some of Cupcake Jemma's chocolate chip cookies and my mum showed me and my sister some useful recipes for the future like jacket potatoes and how to make a roast dinner. I've also become more active by going on walks around places with my family, doing online dance lessons, and I've also been working out with my sister, which could have only been a benefit to me. I also did some reading and I managed to finished my 727 page book for the first time. I must mention how addicted I am to detective programs. Line of Duty is such a great series! 

At the end of the day, people were dying and I was still healthy so I can't really complain.

On Friday, I would have had my prom and all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't get my dress because prom wouldn't have happened anyway! 😂 My friend did get her outfit but it wasn't expensive so I guess we were both lucky in that way.

September will come by quickly and I think we're both excited to go back to school and get back to our ordinary routines.

We finished our short walk around the village and then went home. It was refreshing to see a different face again and perhaps I'll go on another walk when it's more sunny. I heard there's a heat wave coming this week so I'm on the lookout! 😂



What have you learnt to do in lockdown? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday