Living in the present moment - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Recently, I've been watching a lot of Russel Brand's content on YouTube because rather surprisingly, he uploads videos giving some pretty sound life advice which I have been genuinely trying my best to follow as much as possible. I say surprising because before discovering his YouTube channel, with all due respect I never knew Russel beyond the actor that he once was, but upon discovering his channel, I have come to realise that Russel is not just an authentic and relatable human being, he is also an individual who perhaps has the intellect of some of the greatest philosophers to have ever lived. So I follow his advice very dearly. And one of the topics that Russel often talks about is living in the present moment. Last year, on this blog, I wrote a post called "Working towards the next day," which was my advice to my audience on how we can use the present moment to stay positive during the height of the pandemic. Now that the pandemic is gradually beginning to subside in some regards, I'm finding that I'm needing to rediscover how to live in the present moment for other aspects of my life. I don't think that it is of much surprise that 4 weeks into my last year of sixth form and of doing the IB, I am finding it rather difficult to follow the path of time as it is right now. I think this is because the IB is quite a difficult and full on course to do, I'm just beginning to get a little bit overwhelmed by everything that I still have to do. Additionally, I'm getting to that stage in my life where I'm on the cusp of leaving formal education and make that transition into the "real world" so part of me is itching to get it all over and done with. So I'm overwhelmed and I want time to speed up. However, in Russel's video, he said that you should not anchor yourself to your conceptual mind such as your passing thoughts, emotions, or events that have happened or might still happen in the future, as these are intangible, temporary things that do not transcend every aspect of our being. Instead, he said, we should all attempt to anchor ourselves onto something that is tangible and that does have a all-encompassing meaning, such as our breath, noises around us, and what we can see. Thus, I suppose he is saying that by becoming more aware of ourselves in relation to our situation, we create peace with ourselves and remove our minds from conceptual, chaotic things that disrupt our nature. In an attempt to attain this, I am going to try and let go of my own conceptual principles such as my work overload and my desire to finish college. I'm going to focus on my breath and my current surroundings, and let time do the work of pushing the boat out to sea. Then, I hope to become more aware and more at peace with my chaotic life.

Russel Brand

How do you make sure that you stay in the present moment? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study