All at the wrong time - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Sometimes you just have one of those days where things fall apart quite quickly and you wish you never got out of bed in the first place. Thursday was one of those days. Me, my mum, and my sister Alice were at home alone together whilst my dad was away in London, and we were all pretty tired when a pretty major power cut hit our village and we also received some pretty sad news. All at once and all at the wrong time! 

If you've been following me for a while now, you would know that Thursday is one of my busiest school days so when I came home last week, all I wanted to do was some stretching and then I wanted to have a shower. I was able to do my stretching but as soon as I went upstairs, my bedroom light started going dim which I thought was a bit strange. Then all of the lights in the house went dim altogether and I knew immediately that we were about to have a powercut. I checked the water to see if it would be still warm enough for me to have a shower and it was but seconds later the whole power went out. It turns out, I couldn't have a shower because the water went icy cold all of a sudden because of the powercut. 

This situation consists of nothing that is too out of the ordinary and usually we would just wait calmly for the power to come back on, like perfectly normal people. But not this Thursday!πŸ€£πŸ’œ Moments later, I heard a brawl downstairs between my mum and my sister. My mum began violently punching the switches in the electrical cupboard, thinking that something had tripped in circuit, whilst my sister marched upstairs in anger at my mum's lack of cooperation. One thing led to another and soon my mum was on the phone to my dad who eventually, after consoling my mum, suggested checking the other houses to see if their lights were on. We realised that the power was out in most of the houses because of the building work that was happening nearby. It turns out that fatigue led to us panicking over nothing.

Meanwhile, I was waiting to have a shower. It didn't help that I had a cold that day and was just trying to get over the worst of it. Luckily, the situation wasn't quite the disaster we were all making it out to be, and I was soon able to have a nice shower after a long day.

When I came downstairs however, I was hit by yet another wave of drama. It was like watching a real life soap opera unfolding before my eyes.πŸ’œπŸ€£ My mum was on the phone to my grandad who had been trying to get a hold of her all day. It turns out that he had some rather serious news to deliver. For a few years now, my grandad has been getting treatment for cancer which seemed to have had its first initial flare when it was first diagnosed but also seemed to be under some sort of control with the radiotherapy since then. It was certainly not the worst form of cancer someone could get, which was very fortunate for us. However, on Thursday, my grandad was trying to tell my mum that he had received some rather ambiguous blood tests from his doctors that might require him to go to France to receive more detailed testing. The problem is, my grandad doesn't like being direct with us when it comes to revealing difficult truths and he is also not very good at explaining things that are difficult to tell, so he was sort of beating around the bush, trying not to give us an idea of the severity of his illness. The trouble is, he told us that the French health service would be willing to pay for his flights from RΓ©union to France to get further testing, which kind of suggested to us that things were pretty bad πŸ˜”. However, the soap opera part of the evening came when my mum was having yet another brawl with my grandad about booking an appointment with his doctors to get clarification with his situation. It was like watching someone trying to have a deep conversation with a brick wall 🀦‍♀️πŸ˜‚. My mum was trying to be honest whilst my grandad was trying to make light of the situation. 

In the end, the evening was categorised by lots of tears. My sister hadn't had the best Thursday, as she had a misunderstanding with her driving instructor and felt a bit emotional generally. Somehow and I don't know how, I was the only person who was still sane! I picked up the phone to my dad explaining the situation. He was a bit confused because that evening he had just heard argument after argument after argument.πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ I hope I was able to provide some form of well needed clarification for him.

Sometimes you just have one of those days. Accept it, embrace it, things happen.

How do you cope with bad days? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!


Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!


If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ


See you next time, 


Bye,


XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My Facebook 
My YouTube channel 


My second blog:
The Book Hub


Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday