All about: Nikki and Ethan White, co-authors of Prima Ballerina - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Apologies for not posting in so long! I went on a mini Christmas break to Yorkshire over the holidays, which was a lot of fun but I haven't been keeping you guys updated! I guess that I ended up taking an unintentional break from writing but I'm back now and I hope that you haven't missed my little antics too much. I will be posting what I got up to in Yorkshire on Monday so stay tuned for that but today, I'm reviving the All about ____ series that I began a while ago. If you are unaware of what this All about _____ series is, it's where I write about influential people in the world who have changed the way we view dance. As one of my presents for Christmas, my parents signed me up for this dance subscription service called Dance Plug where you have access to classes in various different styles of dance, as well as dance news, dance videos, and interviews for you to watch and work your way through at your own pace. I've been taking a lot of contemporary and ballet classes on the site for example, and so far I have found that it's really helped me to keep up with my training. However, recently I also watched a fantastic interview by the Dance Plug host Benjamin Allen, where he interviewed the ballet dancers Nikki and Ethan White. Nikki and Ethan White are dance and real life partners from San Francisco. They had been performing ballet as part of various different companies across the world for over 10 years before they competed on the famous dance competition show, Paula Abdul's Live To Dance, where they eventually reached the finals. They have become particularly influential in the dance world because of their children's book, Prima Ballerina, which came out a while ago but deserves a special mention today. The book is about a young ballerina who goes on different adventures in her life and discovers the art of ballet along the way. It's particularly special because it's interactive and the book is accompanied with a CD of different classical compositions to go along with the story. This means that for the children who read the book, they can learn about different ballet steps, technique, and alignment and have fun doing the activities. In the interview, Nikki said that she used to teach baby ballet classes at her mother's dance studio when she was a teenager and she grew to have an affinity for children and wanted to help them discover the wonderful art of ballet. To me this is a truly special children's book and something that I would have loved to have read as a child. It is also great because it's adaptable to all levels of experience. Dance teachers can use the book as a guide for their lesson planning and ordinary pre-school teachers can use the book to come up with fun activities to do with their children during the day. Through their book, Nikki and Ethan have been able to disseminate the art of ballet dance to people of all ages and abilities. They've made the story inclusive and fun and I'm sure it will be enjoyed by many people who come across it along the way. This is why they deserve to be mentioned on my All about ____ series today!

DancePlug

Have you heard of this children's book before? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday