Returning to Norfolk

Hi guys,

Welcome back to my blog. I've returned to Norfolk yay! Before we get on to the blog post, make sure you follow me on this blog in the sidebar to get all the latest. Today's shout out goes to Linda's life journal. She has been a great support on this blog and she does amazing blogs so check her out here:http://lindaslifejournal-artlady1948.blogspot.co.uk .Now, let's get on to the blog post.

So I found out hat we were going to Norfolk through my mum because she had to deliver a cake for a wedding. It was only for three days but of course, I was still excited. It was about a two hour drive from Cambridge to Norfolk and it was obvious that I was getting bored. I tend to act really grown up when I'm not travelling but when I am, it's a whole other story. However, we won't go into details.
So anyway, we arrived at our destination. The land owner said to my mum that she would leave the light on so she would know which cottage to enter. However my mum dint even think and just walked straight into a cottage that wasn't ours! But we recovers from our situation and found the right cottage. It was magnificent. What a fantastic cottage it was. To be honest, I was expecting something quite old and with no Wi-Fi what so ever. It's not that I can't survive without Wi-Fi but it's just since it's only the weekend, I needed Wi-Fi for my homework. We entered the house. It was perfect for a couple of days. There was a kitchen corner, a small living room, two bedrooms, and a bathroom. We got settled in. It turns out that the Wi-Fi was pretty weak but I managed to download everything that I needed so I didn't have to do my homework on-line.
We decided to go out for the evening since it was quite late to really make any food. The land owner said that we would find quite a lot of pubs in the nearby town. Can I just state that she said it was a big town. So we turned up at the "big" town to then realise that there was only two pubs and one chippy. My mum saw that in one of the pubs, they served oriental cuisine so we decided to go there. It turns out, they don't serve oriental cuisine anymore so then we had to think again. In the end we decided to go to the chippy. Let's just say it was very rural. However they served nice food. Me being an idiot and very tired, I forgot to bring my phone but just imagine a nice plate of battered sausages and chips.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got back because there was a bar of soap and a towel neatly placed on my bed. Thankyou so so much to Felgate cottage for providing that for us.



We went to the garage earlier on to buy some childhood snacks. I saw that there were Reeses peanut butter cups so i decided to buy those along with a mountain of crisps. After getting in my PJ's, I sat down with my mum, ate crisps and watched super vet. Can I just say my pyjamas had this weird stain on them. The top half had a grey stain but the rest was just fine!


Then we got into the most comfy bed in the whole world! I had a great night sleep.

The next day, i woke up and had my breakfast. It consisted of Victoria sponge and a very fancy tea! I know soo healthy right?


Then I went on my instagram and took a few pictures of the place. There was this really cute cat perching on a hay bale!


Then I did my German and French homework which I probably got all wrong. Then I managed to work the TV for once. I just watched come dine with me the couple's version.  I also read my book. It was really sad as well as moving.


Then it came to lunch. We ate a sandwich which consisted of ham,cheese,lettuce,cucumber, and tomato. I forgot to take a picture of it but to be honest, it wasn't that interesting.
Then we delivered my mum's croquembouche to the wedding. Then venue was spectacular. It was an old manor house with a huge front garden. If you're visiting Norfolk, you will definitely see a lot of them around!
Then we travelled to Cromer. It was good to get a bit of sea air! We were all freaking but the views were spectacular. Me being an idiot again forgot to bring my phone. But if you want to see more pictures, check out my instagram.
We came home and had the fancy tea again. We ate a fantastic roast dinner whilst watching Strictly come dancing ( or Dancing with the stars). Then we went to bed.

Hope you've enjoyed this blog post, 

Leave a comment down below if you've been to Norfolk,

See you soon,

Bye

Follow me on my instagram-https://www.instagram.com/jujupage1/

Comments

  1. It sounds wonderful! It's always fun to get away for a little bit. I think you should share the cake your mum made. Was it decorated beautifully?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it definitely was. If you would like to see more of her cakes then visit her on her website https://gourmandises.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mum is very talented! Her cakes are beautiful and look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Is figure skating a dance style? - Dance Saturday

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday

500th blog post special: My experience of baby ballet - Dance Saturday