How to free yourself from toxic friendships- Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I have had a lot of friends in the past. I would probably say that since the beginning of school, in reception, till now, none of them have stayed. That's okay. I have made new friends. Those friends from the past have chosen different paths to me. Some paths I would disagree with but we have to accept that we are all different people with different aspirations in life. Within my current friendship group, there have been arguments and ups and downs but we also have to accept that that is part of any friendship. It's not all rocky, we have great and fun times over the majority of the time. I would say that now, I know who are my real friends and who are not. That is because I've learnt the art of freeing myself from friends I do not want to associate myself with. There have been times when I've just been clinging onto rude people in the hopes that they'll come round. In the end I just found that I was wasting my time. As the famous quote says "moving on is simple, it's what we leave behind that's hard." If we cannot leave behind toxic friendships then we simply cannot move forward. Being brutal with yourself and ditching the people who don't care about you isn't a bad thing. That was the biggest lesson I've learnt. Once I've moved on from toxic friendships, I never felt better in my life. There is no point staying with people who don't care. Be brutally honest with yourself. Is this friendship going to move forward?

Do you find it easy or hard to move away from toxic friendships? Let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram

Comments

  1. You are wise beyond your years! I didn’t learn this lesson until I was in my 50’s and it totally changed my entire life! Bravo! You will go far and do well in this world, Miss Juliette!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I'm hoping to talk about in my English speaking exam- Writing Wednesday

Charlotte Brontë- The power of writing

The IB dance mock exam - Dance Saturday

The difference between the conscious and the subconscious - Writing Wednesday