My trip to Oxford Street, London - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As some of you may have seen on my Instagram, on Saturday, me and my sister Alice went to Oxford Street in London to do some shopping. My sister had been dying to go to London for her 17th with her friends but they couldn't go so I decided to go with her. We wanted to go to London last weekend but I had a lot of revision to do so we thought that it was best to go on our 3 day weekend. 

On Saturday, we woke up at our usual time of 9:00am since we only had to catch the train at 11:30. We decided to take the later train since my sister was tired from commuting constantly to and from school early in the morning and late in the evening and of course, I had my dance show the day before that really tired me out so we decided not to rush. 

It was about an hour's train journey from Waterbeach to Kings Cross in London and after having to stand around for a bit because there was nowhere to sit down, me and my sister finally got a seat and before we knew it, we were at Kings Cross station already. I was listening to my current favourite podcast called How I Built This, which I downloaded for free off of Google Podcasts. It's all about how owners of big brands like Tinder and Mens Warehouse became so successful. It's really interesting.

We were a bit worried that we were not going to get the right tube train to Oxford Circus since we were on our own. However, we got the right tube, Victoria Southbound, and we were there in no time.

When I first saw Oxford Street, I realised just how big it was. It was literally a big long street. Me and my sister were hungry so we decided to get some lunch at McDonald's. I had a cheeseburger with medium fries whilst my sister had 9 chicken nuggets and medium fries. The food was really nice. I think that McDonald's has got to be one of my favourite fast food restaurants ever.

After McDonald's, we went to Lush which was just next door. I really wanted to visit this Lush because everyone knows it and everyone has seen it before. It was definitely a lot bigger and better than the one we have at home in Cambridge in the Grand Arcade. There were some workers pouring large amounts of orange coloured soap from one jug to another. It looked really cool and almost like a science experiment. There was also a really nice and friendly worker demonstrating the bath bombs by putting them into baths of water. The shop also had two floors, one with a skin care section and the other was a section just full of bath bombs. I purchased the Harajuku bath bomb, the Comforter bath bomb and the Brightside bubble bar which smells like an orange fizzy drink. I like Lush because it does not support any unnecessary animal testing for cosmetic products which is what makes their soaps so attractive to everyone.

After going to Lush, we decided to go to H&M to see if we could buy a bomber jacket for myself. The only coat I have is a large khaki green coat that I've been using throughout the winter but it's not very practical for the summer. We looked around the whole of H&M and couldn't find anything and my sister didn't see any clothes she liked so we decided that it was best to go to New Look which was further up the street.

My sister's phone was struggling to pick up where the shop was on Google Maps so we ended up just walking for a good 20 minutes before we gave up and just went into Forever 21 to see if there was anything there that we liked but again there wasn't anything. These shops are also really expensive so we didn't want to buy anything that we didn't think was worth buying. It's also a lot better for the environment if you don't shop for too many unnecessary clothes.

Finally, my sister's phone could pick up where New Look was and after a good 14 minute walk, we made it to New Look. It was a good thing too since it just started to rain quite heavily and we needed shelter. We looked around the shoe section to see if we could find any trainers to replace my old and battered ones that I was wearing. I saw these really nice black Vans style trainers that I thought I might get but again it was really expensive for what they were and I was sort of in between a size 5 and 6 which they didn't have. We looked around the clothes section to see if my sister found anything that she liked but there wasn't really anything that stood out. I was getting pretty tired too from doing all that walking.

We decided to go to Kiko Milano to see if there was any make-up that my sister liked in there. A really nice worker came and showed my sister a selection of lipsticks, which she tried and ended up buying one of them that came in this really nice gold magnetic packaging.

After going to Kiko, we decided to head back to the station in order to get the 4:45pm train. When we arrived at Kings Cross, we still had to wait a little while so we decided to go to Costa. I got a millionaire shortbread whilst my sister got a muffin and a Carmel latte. 

After that, we headed home.
















What's your favourite place to go to in London? Have you ever been to London? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My short story- You guys choose the title-Writing Wednesday