The rich and poor are equal in ignorance, but in their own way - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

At the dinner table, me and my family were talking about a private school that was set up in Cambridge that is near to my sister's sixth form college. We talked about how the middle class families, pay so much money for their children to go to these posh schools to get a supposedly higher performing education. However, if you break down the lesson criteria, the same things are still going to be taught each time. In physics, P still equals MA and the quotes from Jekyll and Hyde are still going to come from Jekyll and Hyde. Breaking it down, there is no difference. However, the majority of the people that send their children to these schools are ignorant of this. They don't see that even though they've got fancy computers, their lessons are still always going to be the same. However, opposing to this view is that the poor are also ignorant of the outside world, just in a different way. I've read Of Mice And Men, Cannery Row, Watership Down, and Les Misérables. How many people do you think, who are on the lower end of the wealth spectrum, know the book and play Les Miserables? I know that some of them do but also some of them don't. If all you see via media is Love Island, or I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, then obviously as a poorer person, you're going to think that that's all there is to the world. If everyone in your community wants to become a rapper, then that's what you begin to dream of too. Not describing everyone but if we picked small focus groups and analysed their daily lifestyle, between the rich and poor, we can see trends and differences. So are we really all that different? We keep saying that we are, but after having a chat about this at the dinner table, I begin to think differently. (BTW, my conversations with my family aren't all this serious!😂)


Are the rich and poor really different? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday