Was the USA wrong for thinking that the USSR was bad? - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

It is common to think that the USA is to blame for the Vietnam War. If we begin to focus on Cold War, which was fuelled by the violent acts during the war in Vietnam, it is easy to point fingers at them and not the USSR. As I've highlighted in my previous post, the media exposed the sheer brutality of the war in Vietnam. In my history lessons at school I saw the famous video tape of the girl running away from her bombed village naked because a toxic type of herbicide, called agent orange, was let off from the bomb and singed her clothes. I also saw the video footage from the supposed communist that was executed (shot in the head) by US soldiers because they were that desperate to eradicate all communists from that area. Consequently, if you were to ask me "do you think that the USA was violent during the Vietnam War?," I would have to say yes. And I won't be the only one who says that. Many Americans and a few scholars from England, protested against the violence because they saw what the US media had exposed to the world. Many men in the USA, refused to fight because they didn't want to be held responsible for killing and taking the lives of innocent family members and young children.

However, can we let one event cloud our entire judgement of the overall battles that were fought in the Vietnam War? Not really. As I've mentioned previously, Communist Russia was a tough society to live in. At the dinner table today for example, we talked about how much the Soviets cared about how other countries viewed them. According to my dad, (a supposed smart person but not an expert😂), he had heard of a story where there was a woman living in Soviet Russia who was an olympian. During the Olympics in Russia, they had cheated a lot because they wanted to be the overall winners and not other countries. This woman took so many steroids to win, she turned into a man. Being an avid reader of historical fiction, I can understand why the Communists could be hated too. I had once read a book about a 16 year old girl who had tried to scale the Berlin Wall and was caught in the process. She was sent to a camp for interrogation and then another to torture her. If this doesn't tell you that the USSR isn't the best place either than I don't know what other information to give. We can understand now why the USA was keen to get involved in the Vietnam War because they saw the spread of Communism as a threat to their society. Being the Cold War also, they were keen to attack the the Russians by attacking their friends in Vietnam. This would decrease the size of the Soviet Union without starting a world war like what had been done previously. I'll talk more about that next time.

Was the USA wrong for thinking that the USSR was bad? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday