Targets for this new school year - 1 Year To Get To College (post 1) - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I'll be beginning one of my many posts for my new blogging series, A Year To Get To College. As many of you will probably know by now is that I am entering my final year of secondary school and yesterday was my first day back. I know that this year in secondary school can be a particularly stressful one for many and many can suffer quite badly from that stress and get anxious, which is perfectly natural but I just wanted to give you some help and advice on how to deal with certain things, as well as sharing with you some of the happy moments and the things that I was particularly proud of. I won't be posting every Wednesday and maybe I'll switch up the days sometimes but I'll be posting when I think it's appropriate and when I think it's the right time to give advice to everyone. I'll be taking this series through my mocks,final exams and my final piece in dance, all the way through to results day, where I'll be sharing with you all my experiences.

Starting this epic series off, I am setting myself a few targets that I would like to reach by the end of the year. I think that its really important to start things off fresh, regardless of what you got in your mocks in year 10. Overall, I was very proud of what I got in my mocks in year 10 and although there were things that I thought I could have improved upon, I was just as surprised by what I got in some of the other subjects also. This wasn't a mock but during the summer term, I took my RE GCSE exams and although I thought I did terrible because I didn't answer all the questions on the first paper, I was very happy to receive my results in September letting me know that I was graded a 6 overall. That's a grade B in letters, so it just goes to show, you may be surprised.



During year 11, I would like to be graded a 6 or 7 in science. One of the things I was really proud of during year 10, was the fact that I really improved in science. I believe I was graded a 7 overall so this year, I would like to continue on that trend of getting that grade or slightly below; I think I'll be happy with either. I've got my first year 11 mocks in November so I've already begun revising because I really would like to achieve that grade. 

Secondly, I would like to be more confident with putting my hand up in maths class and I would also like to achieve a grade 6 or above in maths. I didn't go to my last parents evening in year 10 but one of the things that my maths teacher said to my parents was that "Juliette should never stop asking questions." For some weird reason, I always shy away from putting my hand up in maths and asking questions so I would like to really push myself to do it more because I can do it in other lessons but not maths so that needs to change. The more questions I ask, the higher the chance of me achieving the grade that I deserve, so that is what I will do.

Thirdly, I think it will be really useful if I join a ballet class, in order to improve my technique in time for my final piece in dance. I currently do street and ballroom but for some reason I've always shied away from doing ballet, even though it makes up so much of other dance styles.  Due to that, I'm going to make it a priority to go up to the dance principal at my studio and ask if there's anything available. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to ballet but there's definitely a lot I need to improve on. Especially after doing an adult ballet class for work experience, I've noticed that it's a priority.

Lastly, I would like to make more time for myself, as well as putting in all the work and effort to achieve the grades that I want to achieve. It is really easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you'll be fine by revising constantly. However, it makes you more stressed and prevents you from revising properly because of that stress so I want to make sure that I chill out just as much as I revise. I think that I made the mistake of doing far too much in year 10 and it did put me a little on edge at times so that is something to learn from.


Are you in year 11? How do you feel about begining your final year? Let me know in the comments below, and ill be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub 

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study

Returning to Norfolk

Being a model and role model are two separate things