Michelle and Giovanni's excellent salsa and Chris and Karen's fun jive - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Today, I'm going to be talking about some of my two favourite dancers, Michelle and Chris. I really like Michelle as a dancer because, despite her age, she's a really technical dancer. Every dance that she's done so far, she's given it 110% personality and 110% technique in the ballroom and Latin styles. Chris, is also a very good dancer because he's got great musicality and he also gives each dance 110% personality and I love watching his routines because of this.

Last Saturday, Michelle and Giovanni performed an excellent fast-paced salsa. I was initially quite worried about this routine because of how fast it was and how much hip action would have to be added in. However, she really gave it a good effort and her foot work was excellent. She did lose a bit of the figure 8 hip action because it was difficult to include that in such a quick routine but she still maintained good rhythm and good musicality. She also had excellent foot placement, up until the last minute, when she lost it on the turn right at the end. She said on It Takes Two that she was so happy that she got everything right that she got carried away at the end. However, that didn't ruin a good routine and she still got a score of 31 in that dance, despite finding it challenging.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Chris and his partner Karen performed a funky jive to one of my favourite songs, Saturday Night's Alright. He had great musicality and great rhythm and personality. Karen really included a lot of jive technique, with the basics and the flicks and rocks. Personally, I would have liked to have seen more pointed feet during the routine. Shirley said she didn't mind the flexed feet but for me, it made the routine look a bit clunky. He also had a bit of a hunched back. In the jive, you're meant to lean forward slightly with your whole body, not just from your shoulders. However, he really got on with the style and I liked the disco feel that was added to the routine. Can't wait to see more of his routines in the future.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


As we have done on previous weeks, we have to say goodbye to the dancers voted out of Strictly, last Sunday. Dev and Dianne, you will be missed!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


What's your favourite dance in ballroom and Latin? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe, so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly playlist:
Strictly 2019 review playlist

Strictly:
BBC Strictly Come Dancing

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study