How I celebrated my 16th birthday - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Saturday, me and my family celebrated my 16th birthday. Before lockdown had happened, we were hoping to celebrate my birthday in RΓ©union, a French colony near Madagascar, where my mum comes from. That would have been really nice because I would have celebrated my birthday for the first time with my grandad, cousins, and my auntie and uncle. I would have also been able to go a little bit earlier and stay a little longer on holiday because I would have had my year 11 big summer break. However, that sadly couldn't happen this year due to the circumstances. 

Although most of the shops were open on the 4th of July in the UK, I still celebrated my birthday in lockdown but it was still really nice and I had a really good day.πŸ’œ

In the morning, at around 9:00am, I began opening my presents. Here's some examples of what I got: a pineapple t-shirt, some new shorts, some socks, chocolates and biscuits (staple piecesπŸ˜‚), more books, a Totoro picture made by my grandmother, a new succulent, and some Japanese sweets and stationery. However, some of my favourite items that I'll definitely be using a lot were the writing journal that my dad got me, the Studio Ghibli hoodie that both my parents got me, and my narwhal mug that my sister got me. The narwhal mug is not dishwasher washable but me and my sister were thinking of just putting some of my new pens in it. I was also really pleased to hear that my sister got her present in advance before lockdown so she was lucky in that sense to find something and what a fitting gift, since I really like narwhals. πŸ˜‚ I'll definitely be using the writing journal for writing up some new choreography too but let me know what you think I should write in my new journal in the comments below. πŸ‘‡




My grandad phoned us in the middle of me opening the presents to wish me happy birthday. It must have been really difficult for him not to see us all but it was still great to catch up on the phone. He does talk a lot so he did end up babbling for a long time to my mum on the phone but it was still nice for him to talk on my birthday! 

In the morning, me and my sister just watched Merlin, whilst we were relaxing and eating breakfast and then we got ourselves ready for the day. I wore my pineapple t-shirt with some black leggings and I thought it looked really nice.

Since we were going to eat cake later on and order some food for dinner, my mum decided to make a light lunch. We had this interesting pasta salad. The pasta kind of looked like rice but it was really nice and worked really well with the prawns and vegetables in the salad. That was delicious! πŸ‘Œ

I would usually do the washing up after eating but since it was my birthday, I was free from doing that for the day. However, me and my sister did make sure that the chickens were all fed and watered. I gave the chickens some more water and grain and my sister cleaned out their pen. It's nearly impossible to give the chickens their food properly because since they get so excited about the prospect of you giving them grain, you end up chucking most of it on the floor, instead of in their pot! πŸ˜‚

After doing the chickens, I watched the film Water Horse, with my sister. It's a fictional film about a Scottish boy who finds an egg on the beach and realises it hatches into the Loch Ness. I watched it before with my family and it was really good so I decided to watch it again as it was on Netflix. It was really good the second time around so I would really recommend that you watch it if you haven't already!

After watching the film, we ate the birthday cake. My mum made a French version of the Black Forest Gateau and it was really delicious! She said that more Kirsch could have been added but it was still really tasty. No wonder it was such a hit with her customers! πŸŽ‚


It was nice to read some of the birthday wishes that my friends and family sent me. It was a really nice thing to see!

In the evening, we ordered another takeaway from La Latina Bustaurante. We've eaten their food before and it was really nice because they cook in the traditional Latin American way. Since we couldn't really go to their bus restaurant in town, we decided to order their food. My mum mentioned to them that it was my birthday so they made some really nice prawns that they weren't currently selling but made especially for me so that was really nice. They also added in a few dulce de leche desserts in as well. For our main meal though, we had empanadas and me and my sister had pulled pork tostones, with extra plantain chips! It was delicious. You can follow La Latina on their Facebook page here!


To finish off the evening, we watched Beethoven and Michael Mcintyre's Big Show, as a family. Both made us laugh a lot. I haven't watched Beethoven in a while and apparently it was my grandmother's favourite film so it was nice to watch that again. It's about an abandoned dog who ends up getting adopted by this family, where the father really hates dogs. It's really funny!

It was a little early when we finished Beethoven so we opened the channels on the TV and found Michael Mcintyre. He's now made a compilation of all his past shows so that his audience has something to watch during lockdown. These parts of his shows so far, really cracked us up. You have to watch them! πŸ˜‚



We are also going to give some cake to the old lady next door. Ever since me and my sister have lived at home, she's always remembered our birthday and given us a card and some money to celebrate. It's only good and fair if we give her some Opéra cake in return! 🍰

And that is how I celebrated my 16th birthday! I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Have you celebrated your birthday in lockdown? How did it go? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

My social media handles:

My second blog:
Read my book review about Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell here! 


Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

Day with my friend + scary film aftermath πŸ˜±πŸ˜€

Blogmas day 2- Setting up the tree!

Cambridge Youth Dance Company Taster Session - Dance Saturday

Teacher awards, Elite dance class, Chocolate master class photography - Juliette's 3 day journeys