My favourite dances from The Next Step - Dance Saturday

 Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As I'm sure many of you already know, I'm a big fan of The Next Step. If you don't know what The Next Step is, it's basically a reality-style TV drama about a group of dancers at The Next Step Dance Studio. Although there's a nervous atmosphere around the arrival of the regionals, nationals, internationals, and even Dancemania, competitions, the real drama happens outside of dance with relationships, breakups, arguments, cliques, and betrayal happening all at once. I've been watching this show since I was 9 and the first episode I watched was whilst I was on holiday in the Peak District, 7 years ago. I wrote about Briar Nolet and Myles Erlick before in my All about series and I'm going to feature some of their dances here but now that there are 7 incredible series of The Next Step, there are so many more amazing dances to talk about. Let's have a look at some of my favourites.

  • My favourite dance from series 1 has to be the regionals finals routine that the whole of A-troupe did. I liked this dance because this was the top showdown against their rivals, Elite, and although Elite was supposed to be better than all the other studios, The Next Step ended up winning the regionals trophy. I liked the creativity of the piece and how it was based around the story of Romeo and Juliet. I think that's why The Next Step won because they included all the different types of dancers at their studio and Elite was more rigid in the way that they were doing things. Overall, it was an excellent showdown and one to really remember!
The Next Step ⬇

  • My favourite dance from series 2 has got to be Riley's When the War is Over. It was kind of a tie between this and Michelle's Showstoppa nationals routine because they were both really good. However, I really liked Riley's dance because although it was kind of dark with the storyline, it really portrayed how she felt with the break up with James. I also liked how this was a contemporary pointe piece and that you could hear her breathing because it seemed more natural and it really highlighted what kind of emotions she was feeling in the moment.
  • My favourite dance from series 3 has got to be Giselle's Fire solo that she did to compete against her friend Daniel, who had joined Elite. Since Elite was bargaining to merge with The Next Step in order to compete at internationals, The Next Step had to compete with solos against Elite in order to try and get 7 dancers on the team to stop Elite from competing at internationals. They managed to do this but the last two people left to dance were Giselle and Daniel and they were going head-to-head for the 8th spot. What I liked about this dance was that although it seemed impossible, Giselle came out with a strong solo and this was what enabled her to win that last spot.
  • My favourite dance from series 4 is the A-side group routine that they did at the beginning of the series. Not only does this routine introduce all the new faces that have joined A-troupe, it also includes everybody's style of dance by mixing group sections with solo pieces. I liked the tumbling section that was performed in the beginning because I thought that that worked great musically and I also liked Sloane's tutting solo because I thought that she brought a new vibe to the hip hop style that we hadn't really seen before from The Next Step.
  • My favourite dance from series 5 has got to be Emily's A-troupe auditions. Not only was this the beginning of the rivalry between Emily's more technical TNS East and Michelle's more free TNS West, these have also got to be the best A-troupe auditions that I think anyone has ever seen. Since Emily became studio head and was looking for a win after the studio's loss at regionals, she was looking for the best group of dancers to be on her team and all the dancers definitely brought it to the table. There were fantastic hip-hop dancers, technical contemporary dancers, and strong acrobats like Noah (Myles) and Richelle (Briar). Not all of them made it to the team but all the dances were amazing in my opinion.
  • My favourite dance from series 6 has got to be the small group with Jacquie, Richelle, Summer, Kingston, and Henry that they did to the song Hotel. This routine was made for the Absolute Dance WildStylz convention hosted by The Next Step Dance Studio, in order to launch the team's second run at regionals. I like this routine because not only is it upbeat and acrobatic, it also involves a bit of partner work as well with Kingston and Henry. I think the mixture between the trio at the beginning and the partner work at the end, really makes the piece look cool. My favourite move is the split jump into the splits that the girls did in the beginning.
  • My favourite dance from series 7 has got to be the prom themed group dance at the beginning of the Dancemania reality show competition. Whilst B-troupe was preparing to go to nationals, A-troupe decided to go to Dancemania which was a television dance show. Although Richelle left to go compete as a soloist on the show, the team continued in her absence and although it wasn't their best performance, it was clean and a good start to their time on the show. I liked this dance because it was creative and the prom theme worked really well with the costumes, the storyline, and the movements.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I can't wait to watch series 8 of The Next Step. I wonder what my favourite dance from that series will be?

Do you like The Next Step? What's one of your favourite dances from the show? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study