How am I doing? - Lifestyle Monday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

It has been a while since I last posted and I did not intend for that to happen. I guess with revision and everything else, writing was the last thing on my mind. However, I thought today I would return to give you guys an update on how I'm getting on physically and emotionally, considering that now we're coming to the end of the Easter holidays and my final exam season is upon us. Physically, I feel fine. Perhaps a little bit tired but not completely burnt out either, which is important. Everyday since the start of this year really, I have been doing at least one hour of dance after work and I think it's helped me a lot. Having that space and time to work on something I enjoy, that involves physical exercise, has been an excellent way to de-stress and for the first time, I think I can see some arm muscles forming!πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ I have been doing a lot of calisthenics (as you would have seen with all my handstands on Instagram πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚), using my own body weight as an equipment to carry out strength exercises and I think it has really helped me a lot and I have become quite disciplined with it, which has been a real positive during this stressful time period. Emotionally, I'm doing okay too. There are times when I dip into the state of "I don't want to do this....I haven't done enough....How am I supposed to complete this?" which is all completely understandable. Who doesn't feel like that sometimes? However, each day I have been creating plans for what I want to complete for that time and I have been looking back on all the plans I have made and I realise that I have done a lot already and some of my worry is really just fear of the unknown. I have been speaking to my old childminder, who has a degree in psychology, not because I have any problems but because I find it useful to have some guidance from a third party about how to deal with stress. She also said I should write some positive affirmations on pieces of paper and stick them on my bedroom wall so that I'm reminded of these quotes each day. As cringey and cheesy as it sounds, this has helped me too. When I'm dipping into states of uncertainty, having these quotes gives me certainty and a reminder that I am doing all that I can, which is all anyone could ask for. It has really given me a more positive outlook about these forthcoming set of exams. In the evening, I have also been watching silly programmes with my family like Gordon, Gino, and Fred's Road trip, where they travel to different places in the world to explore the cuisine and act like a bunch of children along the way. πŸ˜‚ Let's just say, if you've watched Gino D'Acampo live on This Morning, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦‍♀️🀦‍♀️ I have also been on little road trips with my sister around Ely and Cambridge as she is trying to get more confident with her driving, now that she has passed her test. She'll say to me, "Juliette, shall we go for a drive?" and she'll just drive somewhere, whilst I work the small stereo in the second-hand car. This, I must say, has really helped with the stress too.

All in all, I am a little bit tired and a little bit stressed, but I am coping and I have just enough energy for this last bit of the journey. 4th of May is my first exam, and I begin with history. 😬😬

How are you getting on? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form above this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

My goals mood board- Lifestyle Monday

Finding something new to study