Going to get the Christmas tree! - Blogmas day 3 - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

On Sunday, I went to the Milton Maize Maze to get the Christmas tree. It turns out, over the 2 weeks that I was staying at home, I actually had to self-isolate because I was a close contact with someone who had Covid-19. Good thing I didn't step out of the house earlier then! I think me and my mum were a bit confused with all the information because my school sent way too many emails to us that just all contradicted each other. Like, was I supposed to stay at home or was I allowed to go out like everyone else? It turns out that the week before, I was still technically isolating so I thought it would just be best to remain at home for the remaining few days until I could go out.

I stayed at home and didn't develop any symptoms so I was able to go and get the Christmas tree with my mum and my sister. Hooray!

It's always so funny when we get the Christmas tree because ever since we got our extension done back in 2017, we love getting big Christmas trees. However, we forget that our car is still not that big so we do have to moderate our wishes. We looked around for a nice tree and it didn't take us long to find the one. A nice tall but also bushy tree with nice rounded edges. We got a man to carry it into the netting area and we went to the gift shop to buy it. Boof, it was done!

The only thing was that we were crossing our fingers to make sure that the tree fit length wise into the car. One of the guys carried the tree for us and slotted it nicely down the middle of the car. We put one of the back seats down so there was plenty of room for error. It did mean that my mum struggled to use the gear stick because of one of the stray branches but we didn't care. "It fits!" said my mum, and a family was laughing at us crazy people.

Overall though, I was really impressed with the layout of the place that we got our trees at. We all put our masks on and the workers always kept their distance from us as much as possible. However, they never hesitated to say hi to us and I thought that the atmosphere was really lively. 

When we got home, we hauled the netted Christmas tree into the extension and then we had lunch. Carri Poulet, a Reunion tradition! It was delicious. I like how it's become a routine for us to have nice food on Sunday. Stuff yourself at lunch, snack in the afternoon! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ

Then we put up the Christmas tree and began decorating it. We were a little worried that we had overestimated the height of the tree but it turns out that it fit nicely into our living space. After struggling to turn on the loud speaker, we were able to listen to some good old Michael Bublรฉ whilst decorating the tree. We just put a tonne of baubles on the tree and it looked beautiful. Even with all the baubles I made in primary school! ๐Ÿ˜‚





Have you put up your Christmas tree? Is it big or small? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to following and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

  1. Oh how I loved this post. It was written so well that I felt as if I were at the tree lot with you picking out the tree. And I held my breath hoping it would fit into your car! It is such a pretty tree. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I'm glad you don't have covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is very kind! Yes, I'm glad that I don't have Covid either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! ๐Ÿ’œ

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday