The semi-finals: Bill and Oti's Metallica tango and Harvey and Janette's challenging rumba - Blogmas day 7 - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I know that this series of Strictly Come Dancing has been a bit shorter than other series but I still can't believe that today is the final! If you need a reminder of who remains on the competition then you should know that there are only 4 couples left. There's Bill and Oti, Jamie and Karen, Harvey and Janette, and Maisie and Gorka. I'm so happy that these are the couples remaining because they all deserve to be there. They all danced amazingly well last week and I can't wait to talk about a couple of them today.

Bill and Oti's tango to Metallica was probably one of the most creative tangos that I think I've ever seen in my life. When Bill said that he was going to do a dance to heavy metal music, I wasn't really sure what it was going to look like at first. I mean, I know that the tango is quite staccato and fierce but I thought that the dance was going to get overshadowed by the music. However, it wasn't, because Bill really kept the characterisation of the piece going throughout the whole tango, which is what I love about his dancing. He also had excellent tango shaping and danced with excellent energy, especially during those face-to-face Sur places in the middle of the routine. However, I think he could improve on his drive throughout the dance because I felt that there was some gapping going on between him and Oti that could be resolved with a bit more attack through the heels. However, it was really entertaining and I still can't believe that he can dance like that at his age. A-m-a-z-i-n-g DARLING!

BBC Strictly Come Dancing⬇

I was so worried for Harvey and Janette when they said that they were going to do the rumba. It is a style that is notoriously difficult for the male celebrities because you really have to have soft and gentle hip rotations and a lot of technique. Especially for Harvey being the only celebrity of the series to do the rumba, I was particularly nervous for him. However, I don't really know why I was that nervous because it was a beautiful number. It had a lot of emotion, a lot of technique, and great figure of 8 hip rotations on the Cucarachas. I think when he was doing those walks forwards, he could have continued those lovely hip rotations a bit more. I think that he could have also loosened up a little bit in his torso whilst still keeping a nice frame just to allow for that continuation of movement. However, I was really impressed by his performance and you can really tell that Harvey is a good dancer and has a passion for dance. He really sold this routine and I think it was an astounding effort. He should be really proud!

As always, we have to say goodbye to the celebrity dancer voted out of the competition for this week. I think Ranvir was the least strongest dancer out of those remaining so I think that she deserved to go this week. However, I will never forget her amazing ballroom dances. They were elegant and timeless. Here's one of my favourites if you haven't seen it already. 



What has been your favourite dance of the series so far? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 💋

Get more Strictly!:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

Amy and Karim's amazing foxtrot and Emma and Anton's beautiful foxtrot - Dance Saturday