Getting the Christmas tree! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ - Blogmas day 1

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

Happy Blogmas! I hope that you're enjoying your Christmas countdown so far. I will be uploading occasional Blogmas posts alongside my normal posts for Christmas this year so please stay tuned. There are lots of amazing things to come. πŸ’œπŸŽ„

On Tuesday, me, my mum, and my sister decided to get our Christmas tree from our favourite place, The Milton Maize Maze, in Cambridge. It's become a family tradition to get our real Christmas tree from here so we couldn't possibly go anywhere else. It was a rather spurr of the moment decision to get the Christmas tree on the 30th of November. My mum quite literally came to collect me from college and asked if I wanted to get the Christmas tree and of course I said yes. With my mum being so busy with her baking classes this month and with me and my sister also having quite busy schedules, we decided to get the tree as soon as possible, when we all had the time. This year, we were able to choose our tree quite quickly because we were so early and went to get our Christmas tree on the weekday. We all marched into the place whilst there was no one around, saw a tree that we liked and took it home with us. Usually we would take a bit more time choosing but this year we were rather swift. We would also usually get a much bigger Christmas tree than we actually did this year. If you've read my Blogmas posts from last year and from the years before, we used to get big Christmas trees that we would struggle to put in the car because we wanted to have something substantial in the house. However, this year we will actually be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Yorkshire so we figured that we didn't really need a big Christmas tree. This meant that I wasn't scrunched up in the car trying to escape the branches of the tree like I usually am, which was a good thing. 

We set up and decorated the tree as soon as we got home. We unwrapped the tree from its netting and placed it into the stand. Me and my sister were initially thinking of putting just baubles on the tree to go for a more simplistic style. However, we recently watched this programme on TV where a lady stuffed tinsel into her tree and it made it look really full and beautiful. I think the way to make tinsel look nice is to bury it into the tree and use a colour tinsel that matches your baubles. This might be something that we will do but we haven't finalised it yet. Decorating the tree this year is an ongoing process so we will just have to see how it all turns out.

Here's our final product for now anyway!πŸ˜€πŸŽ„


Have you set up your Christmas tree yet? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!


Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! πŸ˜€πŸ’œ

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

What I got for Christmas 2017

Finding something new to study

The individuals of the Holocaust: The victims and the perpetrators - Writing Wednesday