2022 is the year to prioritise myself - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I don't wish to give myself strict resolutions for this year as I'm just interested in seeing what happens. However, there is one thing I would like to do and that is focus on myself. On the weekend, I did a last minute history revision session after work with my Polish friend Teresa. She came over for lunch as well and tasted my dad's omelette for the first time which she absolutely loved. My mum's gone back home to Réunion to see my uncle and cousins, and also my grandad who is unfortunately not well. However, this has meant that Teresa was able to see what my dad's cooking was like and she was impressed. Overall the revision session was very helpful and it was a well spent study session. We were able to do some baking after the study session and we made a giant cookie cake, Teresa's recipe, which I posted a photo of on my Instagram story. However, the most profound part of the day was where we talked about our plans for 2022. Teresa said that in 2021, she wished she had gotten the opportunity to practice her French and I said I wished that I took some time out for myself in 2022. Teresa asked why I had wished that and I said it was because I got unnecessarily stressed that year with work and exams and I could have relaxed a bit more. I only realised yesterday as I am writing this that my mock exams finish on Thursday and I have the whole of next week free and off timetable whilst other students are busy completing their mock exams. Perhaps this is a sign from some higher power that its my time to do nothing. Teresa has even been telling me that I should spend my time next week doing something that I want to do. I think setting time out for yourself can be very profound because when you work hard for other people, it's something that you often forget to do. It's not a selfish thing to do either if you've been working hard and truly have earnt your free time. Next week, I hope to get roller skating as I have been waiting for my chance to do so. Hopefully, I will get a taste of what it will be like when I leave school officially and I will have time to do what I want to do, not what a school wants me to do. Hopefully next week will be a lot of fun.

Are you going to be focusing on yourself this year? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form below this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got for Christmas 2017

Somme and Arras trip photos

Finding something new to study

Amy and Karim's amazing foxtrot and Emma and Anton's beautiful foxtrot - Dance Saturday