Learning how to drive - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I had dreams of learning how to drive last year when I turned 17 and although I had attempted to get my provisional license at the time, I found that I was quite busy doing the IB and so I didn't actually do any lessons. However, as I am now on a gap year and my schedule is no longer as hectic as it once was, I have now begun my driving lessons with my dad and my instructor. At first, after I was able to obtain my provisional, I was just going up and down the industrial estate with my dad, getting used to the general mechanics of the car. Then, towards the end of summer, I got myself a driving instructor and I have recently been doing some lessons with him. At first, I was a little bit hesitant to get booked on with this particular driving instructor because he used to teach my older sister Alice how to drive, and at one point, towards her driving test and in a moment of stress, he did snap at her quite harshly. I have also heard that he hasn't always been everyone's favourite instructor either. However, I booked on with him anyway because at the end of the day, he did get my sister to pass first time and he has taught so many other people in the village how to drive, so clearly he has a method that does lead to some success. To be honest, he has helped my technique a lot. When I was practicing with my dad, I often felt scared to even get moving because at the time, I felt that the car was in control of me rather than me being in control of the car. However, with my driving instructor, I have been able to graduate from the industrial estate and I am now going around the different roads in the village and I have started to do 40mph roads as well. My confidence obviously still needs to build up a bit more and of course there's still a lot to learn. Yesterday, I was drilling some of the things I had learnt with my driving instructor with my dad and I ended up having a funny 5 minutes. Every time I would emerge from a junction, I would stall the car because I was lifting the clutch pedal too quickly as I also had my foot on the accelerator. However, I was able to identify the problem with my instructor and this is hopefully going to make the lessons with my dad a lot easier. In general, I also need to remember to really look all around me. Everyone's nemesis when it comes to preparing for a test is using the right mirrors and really checking all around them and it's something that I have struggled with as well. However, driving is just all about practice and eventually, things will just become second nature. But right now, I know there's a lot of road theory to learn so I am just working through all that. And I'll let you know how it all goes.

Have you passed your driving test? What is your driving experience? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to click the follow button below to keep up to date with my posts!

If you support my blog and love posts like this, then also please do not forget to subscribe through the form above this post as you'll be able to receive notifications via email every time I post. I promise that you won't regret it! 😀💜

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Previous post:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

My short story- You guys choose the title-Writing Wednesday