What i'm hoping to do for my own dance routine in year 11- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

As part of the final BTEC dance course, year 11s are required to come up with their own group routines in order to be examined on choreographic skills in the show in May. Next year, I will be in year 11 and having looked at some of the self-choreographed group routines in the shows by previous year 11s, I have a rough idea of what I want to do. I believe that the style of dance that we're going to be choreographing our routines to is contemporary. The problem with this style of dance, now that that I've seen previous shows, is that it all looks the same. I think that in order to really score high marks, I need to do something that no one has ever really seen before. Depending on what the stimulus is for our dances, I need to create an original story around that so that I can choreograph something unique and different. I'm probably going to come up with some new movements as well that no one has seen before in a contemporary routine. I'm hoping to hire out a studio where I can practice with the group I'm in and really get everything nailed and looking good. As well as the group routines, my dance teacher may allow some people to do duets and solos so if that is the case, I'm definitely going to audition for the solo because that's really my thing. Other than that, we have to continue doing jazz and finish off our two courses on it before we can start doing our own thing but I'm really excited for when that time arises.

Have you ever choreographed your own routine? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday

Netflix series review: L'histoire d'Arsène Lupin - Lifestyle Monday