Karim and Amy's fierce salsa and Saffron and AJ's technical foxtrot - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

I got you guys to vote for the celebrity dancer you would like to be talked about next on this post. You guys had the choice between Saffron and Catherine and Karin and Will. You chose Saffron and Karim, which I'll be talking about today. However, I will be talking about the others next time, since they had great dances as well.

Last week, Karim and Amy performed an amazing salsa. I have absolutely no idea how Karim managed to dance a salsa to Who Let The Dogs Out, so well. He really looks like a professional dancer, no matter what dance he does. I really like the hip-hop feel that was added to this dance. I can tell that Karim has danced some form of street dance before. There was also a lot of salsa basic movements and more complex salsa movements. He also had exactly figure eight hip movements. I do however, agree with Craig, as I feel like he does attack each routine a little bit too hard sometimes and he loses some of the essential fluidity needed in the hips. I like the staccato but the rhythm also needs to flow. But he's a great dancer and Amy has really trained him well. He definitely won't be going anywhere soon.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


To finish off the night, Saffron and AJ performed a really beautiful foxtrot to, Theme From New York, New York. The routine, along with the song, really gave me Hollywood movie vibes. I can tell that the ballroom style really suits Saffron as a dancer. She had excellent posture, heel leads, and the rise and fall movements that are so difficult to achieve in the foxtrot. She also let AN lead the dance and she partnered him really well. I also didn't see any balance issues that she's had in the past and as the were lean from side to side, she stood strong and didn't wobble. If she can improve upon her flexibility, I think that will help the elegance of the piece as a whole. I hope that she carries that through to the Latin styles. However, she was on the top of the leaderboard and she got her first tens, so I'm really happy for her.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


As we do on other weeks, we've got to say goodbye to the couple voted out this week. David and Nadiya, you will be missed.

BBC Strictly Come Dancing


Are you excited for Halloween week? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you!

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss any more of my brilliant posts!

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

Strictly:

Strictly playlist:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday