Rise unbroken's golden buzzer routine- was it a good dance or a sad story- Against the norm- Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post,

Rise Unbroken,a dance group who wowed the BGT judges with their moving performance, are now known to the dance community. But why? Is it because they performed an amazing routine? Or because they tried to spread their moving story?

At the centre of the group, was 13 year old Hollie booth, who was a victim of the Manchester terror attack and suddenly found herself in a wheelchair. Which I could imagine, probably had a massive effect on her dancing dreams.

Hollie attended Ariana's concert in Manchester with her mum and her aunt, Kelly Brewster, who unfortunately died in the attack. 

Hollie suffered two broken legs and has since undergone 11 operations. Without a splint, she is unable to walk with her left leg.

Obviously, due to this, their were limits to what she could do on her wheelchair but she continued to dance and because of that she became known to the community. I did actually enjoy the routine. I think with auditions, the judges really have to split the story from the performance. You can have a really sad story but perform badly. Or you can have a really average story and perform fantastically. However, I really enjoyed the routine and thought it was really creative to get everyone using the wheelchairs. Perhaps the judge's were swayed by the story but for me, I thought it was a good performance.

Here's their audition.

Website used for research:
https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/23/britains-got-talent-star-hollie-booth-survived-manchester-arena-bombing-7489193/

Rise Unbroken Instagram:
https://instagram.com/riseunbroken?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=2snk0d9z9rwm

My social media handles:
Instagram
My YouTube channel

My second blog:
My reading blog

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

What I got in my dance medal test- Dance Saturday

My favourite jokes-from Harry Hill's whopping great joke book

What I got for Christmas 2017

Blogmas is back!- Lifestyle Monday