How to train yourself in dance - Dance Saturday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

I know that there are some schools who offer online materials like live follow-along sessions, in order to keep dancers on track and to provide people with routine and structure in their daily lives. My studio are installing purchasable online videos from our instructors, for people to use if they would like to continue practising during quarantine. However, with our amazing advances in technology, it's easy to remain on track in other ways. A quick search on YouTube will provide you with all the resources you need. Popular YouTubers like Claudia Dean and Anna McNulty post many follow-along stretching routines and dance exercises. I'm not ballet trained but I like doing some of Claudia Dean's barre exercises, as she offers them at many different levels (beginners,intermediate,and advanced). It's a good opportunity for me to get better at something that I don't usually do and it's only going to better my dance training. I also like doing some of Anna McNulty's stretching routines as she offers great tips on how to improve your flexibility and she also has great videos on how to execute some acrobatic tricks. I think that it's always good for a dancer to have at least one trick that they can show off and do well because it can really add something to your routine. When I'm practising tricks, I will usually take the opportunity - when it's sunny - to go over them in my garden. I also like to learn routines occasionally in my garden as well since there's loads of space and its a good way to get vitamin D in your body. Dancers like Matt Steffanina and Dianne Buswell post great hip-hop and ballroom routines that you could easily do at home. This is yet another excellent way to keep up with your training as it maintains your athleticism and movement memory. It's also really fun and something that you can easily do with members of your family! Keeping up with your training will not only help you when you eventually do return to class but it's also a great way to stay in contact with your friends at your studio! This can make you feel a little less lonely in these isolating times. 💜 

Claudia Dean World


Anna McNulty


Matt Steffanina


Dianne Buswell


I hope this encourages you to get up and dance in whatever way that you feel would be best.

Have you got any other dancers that you've been watching recently? Have they helped you with your training at home? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time, 

Bye,

XOX, Juliette 

Video channel links:

My social media handles:

My second blog:

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you are keeping up with your dancing. Dancing in the yard sounds like fun. You get exercise, sunshine, and improve your technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really fun! There's also no danger of knocking anything over because you have a lot more space.💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday