Wallander + Line of Duty - Writing Wednesday

Hello everybody and welcome back to another blog post, 

For some weird reason, for the past year, I've been really getting into watching detective series. It started off with a bit of Vera on the weekends and then it ended with me getting hooked on watching Line of Duty. I now have four detective series that I can confidently say I have been obsessed over and they are: Vera, Sherlock, Wallander, and Line of Duty. Why I've suddenly gotten into this series is beyond me. Maybe I just find the process of solving murder mysteries really cool, or maybe I just find this particular area of the police force really interesting, I really don't know. However, what I do know is, they are very addictive to watch and if you're stuck on what to watch during lockdown, I would definitely recommend watching these detective series. 

Wallander is what people like to call, a Nordic Noire and that is because it is quite dark and depressing and it also happens to be a Swedish series. There are two versions of Wallander, the English version and the Swedish version. I think it's easier to watch the English version because you don't have to put on subtitles but the Swedish version is really good. Basically, if you like watching a detective solving really dark murder mysteries, then Wallander is for you. 

However, Line of Duty is also pretty good too because it's about corruption in the police force, which is something completely different. It's about this group called AC12 (anti-corruption unit 12), who track down offending members of the police force and try to solve crime in their own sector. There's a lot of red herrings and the story is really good. I would definitely recommend watching this as well!

Be careful with these series because you will end up binge-watching them. I said I wasn't addicted until me and my family began watching Wallander and Line of Duty nearly every evening for the past two weeks!😂

Have you watched Line of Duty and Wallander before? Do you have any other great detective series recommendations? Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to reply to them. I ♡ hearing from you! 

Tap one of the reaction boxes below to let me know what you thought of this post. It would really help me to make some improvements in the future! 

Be sure to follow and subscribe so that you don't miss anymore of my brilliant posts and share this article with a friend who might enjoy it too! 

See you next time,

Bye,

XOX, Juliette

My social media handles:
My Instagram 
My YouTube channel 

My second blog:
The Book Hub

Comments

  1. I;ve been watching some detective type programs online. Hamish for one. Grantchester and a couple of others. I will check out the ones you've been watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Grantchester but I've never watched it. Perhaps I should!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I really enjoy reading your positive and constructive messages. They really make my day! 💜

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

100 years later- Gone but never forgotten- Remembrance day special

Finding something new to study

What I got for Christmas 2017

Entering the real world - Lifestyle Monday